Thread: "BCM Office Addin" Office Application version does not match: Patch already applied

"BCM Office Addin" Office Application version does not match: Patch already applied

Hi, i bought a new Dell laptop which came pre-installed with Windows Vista Ultimate. It was also having Office Trail. After a month of purchase i un installed the trial edition and installed a genuine Office Business suite. Sine then i started getting an error message every now and then saying:

"BCM Office Addin Office Application version does not match"

I tried several things like uninstalling and re-installing Office, applying the Patch Utility from Microsoft, but yet the error appears. After installing the patch i even get a pop up saying that the update had already been applied. I think the problem may be that the Business Contact Manager is not part of the later-installed software. In any case, I don't use BCM. Can anyone please tell me where is the problem and how can i fix it?

Many Thanks.

You are not alone with the said problem Dharuna, count me in too. Even i have the same problem since i removed Office 2007 Trial and installed Office home & student 2007. Installation went fine but whenever i open any office program like MS Word, Excel or PPt, it comes with a dialogue box saying

"Office application does not match" BCM office Addin."

After searching on web i found a guy saying to install MS Patch KB935569 to fix the error. Well i tried the same but yet no help. still i get the same error message. Somebody please help.

I used pre-installed demo version for some time, uninstalled the demo and installed Office Home and Student 2007. To resolve the issues, I uninstalled the Business contact manager (which is still there after uninstalling the demo).

Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Uninstall "Busines contact manager for outlook 2007".

Hi all, just wanted to say thanks for the solution. I had the same problem but as my machine is running Windows 7 I wasn't sure this would work. However, the results were great and the message doesn't appear now when I start any of the Office Apps. So, thanks again for the solution, good to see it works across platforms.

Error message:office application version doesnot match.

Re: "BCM Office Addin" Office Application version does not match: Patch already applied

i get the same message, after installing and using 2003 but something peculiar is also happening when i use ms word 2003

http://img695.imageshack.us/i/annoying.jpg/

when i type the program randomly makes some words huge, but still says that they are 12pt tnr......

any suggestions?

i cannot stop it from sporadically doing so

Re: "BCM Office Addin" Office Application version does not match: Patch already applied

There's a KB article which suggests the workaround...

Go to the folder that contains office 2007 (by default in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office 12\ ) and right click...Run as administrator on the following executables:

1) WInword
    2) Excel
    3) Powerpnt

When you click "OK" to the error message as an administrator, the BCM will be disabled at runtime, so you won't get the message again. Hope this helps