Thread: XP Theme for Vista

XP Theme for Vista

I need some help with finding a xp theme for windows vista. I do not like the interface of vista. It is very complicated for me to use it. I got a laptop from my office that has vista and the new interface is just confusing me more. I am here trying to switch to an classic mode but still that is not working. Can anyone help me here to find out a more appropriate settings by which can I get a more classic mode on the system. The interface same like windows xp.

Re: XP Theme for Vista

It is not actually possible to completely convert windows vista to windows xp. The and UI is completely difference here. What you can do is customize it a bit to look like xp. That's all. There is an application available which can help you to customize the OS. It is called as WinCustomize. You can download this from web and configure the interface. Which will be simply more helpful and more better in terms of output. Just try the same and then test back.

Re: XP Theme for Vista

There are some patches available but they can make your system unstable. I had found small dll patch called as UXTheme which is capable of giving you xp type look on your screen. But it will completely not modify the same. You have to simply make ample of changes to make that thing work. It is essential that you must simply download some basic themes and install that on vista. I had seen packs that convert windows xp to vista, but there are no pack available which can convert vista to xp.

There are some themes but they cannot completely transform xp to vista. Both operating systems are completely different. It is essential that you must simply try to learn vista. Which will be more beneficial for you. Or you can do is install xp on the other side and dual boot your system. So that you can get both the OS on the same hard drive. That will be more easier for you and your original os is also not wiped out.