Thread: How do I disable the Security Center notice about my UAC being off

How do I disable the Security Center notice about my UAC being off

I am using Windows Vista since a month now. During starting days my UAC was ON due to which i was having problem during installing or uninstalling anything on my system Hence i manually turned it off permanently. Thats fine for me. But since then whenever i bootup my system, a pop use to appear every time in the TaskBar Notification area saying "UAC is Turned OFF" and it wont go away unless i click on it. That is really getting very annoying.

Can anyone please tell me how can i prevent that pop up from appearing on my screen? I want to disable it forever. Thank you.

Relax Sasha, turning off that notification pop is very easy. You can do it in a minute. Just Click Start, open Control Panel and change it to Classic view. Now select Security Center. Here on the left side panel you will an option called "change the way Security Center alerts me". Click the same and set it to "don't notify me, but display the icon".

Thats it. Now you will not see it again appearing on your screen.

Re: How do I disable the Security Center notice about my UAC being off

Hey guys, here are some best defenses which you must known:
    • First of all make sure you dont work in elevated level; Day-to-day work should be performed while the User Account Control (UAC) is enabled. Turning off UAC reduces the security of your computer and may expose you to increased risk from malicious software.
    • Familiarize yourself with "Services Hardening in Windows Vista".
    • Keep your operating (OS) system (and all software on it) updated/patched.
    • Reconsider the usage of IE.
    • Review your installed 3rd party software applications/utilities; Remove clutter.
    • Don't expose services to public networks.
    • Activate the build-in firewall and tack together its advanced configuration settings.
    • If on high-speed internet use a router as well.
    • Routinely practice safe-hex.
    • Regularly back-up data/files.
    • Familiarize yourself with crash recovery tools and with re-installing your operating system (OS).
    • Install some good and real-time Antivirus or security application with vital system monitoring utilities/applications.
    • Keep abreast of the latest developments - Sh!t happens...you know.

Re: How do I disable the Security Center notice about my UAC being

Thank you very much for your help guys. Here is some more problem. Though the UAC pop ups again whenever i work with of the exe file, that ok, but now it also comes up every time i log in to my User Account asking me about my network login tool, Clean Access, stopping my computer from loading any further, etc. Why Microsoft has planned it so irritating. I mean, a user who has installed Vista is already aware about the task he is doing on the ocmputer, though he is the beginner. Then why does UAC comes again and again. We have got enough protection, as well as common sense, in place to stop anything from attacking the computer. Isn;t it?

rowanc88 Guest

Re: How do I disable the Security Center notice about my UAC being

193,000 out of millions is a significant number really, because those 193,000
    have posted on the internet about their complaints, and have used the word
    annoying, and have also used the word UAC. You can't say that everyone who's
    annoyed at it has posted in a forum about it.

I agree with you Sasha but let me tell you that Common sense goes a long way and with it, you need almost no protection. But at the same you must also not convince most of the people who become alarmist when you turn
    off the mandated or perceived need for lots of protection. I think they consider that clicking an OK button stating Continue is protecting them from harm. I dont know what make them thing so. What will happen If they've decided to go ahead with the same though UAC confirmed for once? Will they require to read the same warning when it pops up for the third or fourth time for the same program start?

Well, if you guys have so many problems why dont you simply disable UAC completely for the system. If you want you can go through the below provided steps which will disable UAC for the entire system including standard users who dont have Admin rights. If you only want to change UAC only for Administrator then you can do that by changing the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE with the RegEdit.exe program
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

Simply change its value to "ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin" must be 0 ( zero ).
    Value 0 = No prompt at all.
    Value 1 = Prompt that requires to enter an admistrator password(even if you are an administrator ).
    Value 2 = ( Default ). Prompt that requires an acceptance only.

Note: Normal users will be asked to enter an administative password...

You guys are funny, i happened to come across this thread by chance whilst looking for a solution to another problem, and was amazed by some of the comments you have made here and still no solution to problem, i looked for a way to do this when i first installed vista nearly 2 years ago and found the solution at the vista forums i think any how i copied and pasted the solution into my document archives in case i reinstalled heres what ya do :)

To disable UAC using Group Policy:

1. Click Start and click Run.
    2. Type gpedit.msc and click OK. This will open the Group Policy Editor.
    3. Browse to Computer Configuration | Windows Settings | Security Settings | Local Policies | Security Options.
    4. In the details pane, locate the User Access Control policies.
    5. Right click each of the following policies and change the value as indicated below:
    * User Account Control: Detect application installations and prompt for elevation - Disabled
    * User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for standard users - No prompt
    * User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode - Disabled

Close the Group Policy Editor window. You can enable UAC again by changing the policies above to their default values.

Enjoy and hope this pleases some of you despite it being a security feature it is annoying as fook, it is completely safe to disable i have had it diabled for the whole time ive had vista, it always asks you if your sure you want to install any way, no need to ask you 2-3 times lol

yes i did read the original question, did you even read the solution i posted because if you did and even better tried it you will find that it does disable the warning notification !!!!!!

[SOLUTION]

Start > Run
    "Regedit.exe"

Navigate to:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
    "ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin"=dword:00000000
    "ConsentPromptBehaviorUser"=dword:00000000

-----------------------

P.S.
    To Wil, who said, "There is never a good reason to turn off UAC on a system that you use day to day."

You are wrong! There are many professionals who need to use elevated permissions as part of their job. IT professionals.

Also, UAC prompts for much more than the traditional prompt for admin credentials did before. UAC is not meant for authentication of an administrator... only a simple heads up that this program is gonna do or could do something to the system.

For normal users, this is rare enough to be useful. For power users, this is an annoyance that needs to go away during all 8 hours of the business day.

And that is why some users are assigned to the power users group, because they need to do more than a routine user (but less than a full admin).