Thread: Flash/Animated wallpaper.

Flash/Animated wallpaper.

Earlier I was using Windows XP on my home desktop computer. I like wallpapers and specially Animated wallpapers. While XP I used a small program to set animated wallpaper on my desktop. It looked very cool. Now I have upgraded the system to Windows Vista and want to do the same but seems like nothing is working.

I tried that tool but it wont work with Vista. Download some more tools to set flash/animated wallpapers on Vista but none of them helped. Can anyone please tell me if there is any way we can set animated wallpaper on Windows Vista?

Thanks for your helps.

Re: Flash/Animated wallpaper.

You allow activeX in IE, tools menu, Options, Advanced tab, scroll to security area, and put a check in 'allow active content to run in files on my computer.'

Thanks for the help Jolie but i don't know how doing those settings may help to set wallpapers on desktop. Though, followed your suggestions and that dint worked for me. Every time i get the following error message while doing so:

"Cannot load desktop settings"

Any other idea please?

As far as i know Windows Vista no longer has "active desktop" which can support the flash wallpaper. There is a tool called Dreamscene which i think works fine for Vista and allows you to even set Videos as wallpaper. You can get it from the following link with 2 animated wallpapers. http://dream.wincustomize.com/

For flash and .swf files specifically I have found a solution that works in vista, I personally have only tested it in windows business edition but
    I have no reason to think it won't work for all other versions.

This is a multi-step process that requires the use of a third-party program, I have used it on my computer and I would say that it is safe but as with all third party programs use at your own risk.

The basic idea is to turn the swf file into a screensaver and then set the screen saver as your desktop background.

Step one: download and install InstantStorm. This program will allow you to turn .swf files into screen savers (.scr files)
    Step one(b): install the screen saver using the exe file that instantstorm creates for you. (dont forget to set your screen saver back to what you had it as because the exe will set the new screen saver as the active one.)

Step two: click start and in the search field type cmd and then hit enter, this will pop up a black window. In this window type "<the name of the screen saver you made, for example if you named it 'awesomeDesktop' then you would type awesomeDesktop.scr here> /p65552 and then hit enter
    remember to add the file extention .scr or it wont work.

and thats that, hope this helps