Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Help
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

CLI application (command line interface) has stopped working

Vista Help

Old 01-04-2008

CLI application (command line interface) has stopped working

I have a Dell XPS laptop which was running with Windows XP since long time and never had any problem. Now recently i upgraded the same to Windows Vista and since then on every boot up i use to get the following error message:

"CLI application (command line interface) has stopped working"

I tried searching for the same on web but dint found any useful info. Can anyone please tell me what is this error message related to and how can i fix it? Thank you.

Old 01-04-2008

RE: CLI application (command line interface) has stopped working

This could be due to one or more Start Up program. Hence you should try checking the startup list from MSCONFIG > Start up and see which program is malfunctioning. If you dont know how how to do this, checkout the following MS KB describing How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem . Once you get the particular program, uninstall it or remove it from Startup list.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Help
Tags: , , , ,