Thread: System Recovery Error 100a

System Recovery Error 100a

Hi,

I am using a HP laptop since past 14 months and never had any problem with the same. Yesterday I was working on my laptop, suddenly I needed to went for some work, I left the system on and went away. When I came back after an hour I saw laptop was turned off. When I rebooted it back it was not able to pass the Compaq logo. I tried restarting 3 to 4 times but the result was same.

I left it on logo and waited it to respond. After few minutes suddenly the laptop flash a message asking me to put Media CD and hit and key to continue. Well I don’t have Vista installation CD as it came pre-installed with the laptop. The all I have is a self made recovery disc. I inserted the same and it took me to system recovery ,clicked yes to have it recovered to factory specs. Then I clicked next, and an error came up saying “Error 100a”.

Again I am stuck at this stage, restarting the system and recovery console wont help at all. Can anyone please tell me what would have gone wrong automatically? Any idea how can I fix it? Many thanks.

Re: System Recovery Error 100a

Did you tried booting into Safe Mode? Simply try restarting the laptop without CD, keep pressing F8 key and select few options from boot menu screen. First try to boot with "Last Good Known Configuration" see if it works. If not, try to boot into Safe Mode and perform a System Restore. If still it wont work then probably you are facing hard drive failure. Better try to backup your important data using any USB drive and get a replacement hard drive for your computer.

Thanks for the help buddy. I think you are right. The problem occurred just after over a year old when the warranty is up. Anyways, i will first take it to HP Service Center and see what they say about the same.

It says to turn off all external devices and so I did, even the wireless network device. Reboot the computer and then it will restart the recovering process. Worked perfect for me...

Recovery Error