Thread: stuck in windows error recovery screen, please help

stuck in windows error recovery screen, please help

What to do if one is stuck on Windows Error Recovery screen. I am facing this from last couple of days. I need help to fix my system as it had stopped working from morning. I had turned on my computer and my system crashed. And the recovery process started. But the OS stucked on Windows Error Recovery Screen. It is not at all moving above that. I cannot find any higher number of options other than this that I can try. The error recovery screen shows to be working but did stucked at some point. I had inserted Windows installation disc and rebooted my computer. I had started Windows repair environment. But the repair too fails and do not work well. The error that I receive as 0xc00000e9 " windows failed to load because the system registry file is missing or corrupt." related to some file located in \windows\system32\config\system. This looks like a complicated solution to me. There is no way that I can fix this thing. My old drive has stopped working and I had added this new one on which I got this error. Things went quiet well at the time of installation there were no error at all. I just turned on the PC last night and in the morning when I turned the same on, I got this thing appeared. I can even not use the drivers CD but it must atleast boot to show up Windows.

It looks that issue lies with improper boot option. I will advice you to configure the boot order first or else it will not work well. The screen freezes mostly when Windows is not able to find the recovery disk. Set the CDROM as a default option to boot from BIOS. You can hit F10 to go in BIOS and set the appropriate boot order.

Re: stuck in windows error recovery screen, please help

Stuck in windows error recovery.
    Selected each of the 4 options (ie. safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command promp,start windows nomally)
    Each operation takes me back to a blank purple screen; purple being the background color of my screen.
    Please how can I boot successfully?

There are some quick steps that you can try out. First remove any addtional hardware that is connected to your system. Like a printer or any third party device. Disconnect that and then reboot the system. You can build up the bootloader by running startup repair. Somehow it is possible that bootloader is corrupted and because of that you are not able to find the operating system loading properly. The startup repair can be done from windows bootable disc.

Try to boot in safe mode and then run startup repair. This is the only way to fix your system unless your operating system is not corrupted. If the system files are missing then you have to re-install Windows back again. There is no other way to fix it easily. Windows disc provide you some startup repair thing but that fixes the bootloader only. I will recommend you to install fresh copy of windows if you face this error again and again.