Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: New HP Laserjet 1300 Software for Vista

  1. #1
    edspyhill01@yahoo.com Guest

    New HP Laserjet 1300 Software for Vista

    I'm setting up a new Dell computer with Vista. The HP software
    installed then gets backed out. Is there an updated installation disk
    for HP Laserjet 1300 printers for Vista?

    Thanks,

    Ed S.


  2. #2
    Malke Guest

    Re: New HP Laserjet 1300 Software for Vista

    edspyhill01@yahoo.com wrote:

    > I'm setting up a new Dell computer with Vista. The HP software
    > installed then gets backed out. Is there an updated installation disk
    > for HP Laserjet 1300 printers for Vista?


    Go to HP's website and start here since I'm not sure which model you have:

    http://tinyurl.com/2m39kf

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com
    Don't Panic!

  3. #3
    Mike Hall - MVP Guest

    Re: New HP Laserjet 1300 Software for Vista

    <edspyhill01@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:12c98fbf-92a8-4f5a-8174-649223d3b66f@e25g2000prg.googlegroups.com...
    > I'm setting up a new Dell computer with Vista. The HP software
    > installed then gets backed out. Is there an updated installation disk
    > for HP Laserjet 1300 printers for Vista?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Ed S.
    >



    From the HP web site, you can download the drivers..

    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...&swEnvOID=2093

    --
    Mike Hall - MVP
    How to construct a good post..
    http://dts-l.com/goodpost.htm
    How to use the Microsoft Product Support Newsgroups..
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...help&style=toc
    Mike's Window - My Blog..
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/default.aspx





  4. #4
    edspyhill01@yahoo.com Guest

    Re: New HP Laserjet 1300 Software for Vista

    On Mar 1, 5:09*pm, "Mike Hall - MVP" <mikeh...@mvps.com> wrote:
    > <edspyhil...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >
    > news:12c98fbf-92a8-4f5a-8174-649223d3b66f@e25g2000prg.googlegroups.com...
    >
    > > I'm setting up a new Dell computer with Vista. *The HP software
    > > installed then gets backed out. *Is there an updated installation disk
    > > for HP Laserjet 1300 printers for Vista?

    >
    > > Thanks,

    >
    > > Ed S.

    >
    > From the HP web site, you can download the drivers..
    >
    > http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...reIndex.jsp?la...
    >
    > --
    > Mike Hall - MVP
    > How to construct a good post..http://dts-l.com/goodpost.htm
    > How to use the Microsoft Product Support Newsgroups..http://support.microsoft.com/default...help&style=toc
    > Mike's Window - My Blog..http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/default.aspx


    Mike,

    The main problem I'm having is I can't do manual double-sided printing
    with the Vista drivers. I downloaded each of the three files. They
    were simply unzipped at the top of C:. Should these files be copied
    to a special directory?

    Ed S.

  5. #5
    cpemma Guest

    Re: New HP Laserjet 1300 Software for Vista



    <edspyhill01@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:12c98fbf-92a8-4f5a-8174-649223d3b66f@e25g2000prg.googlegroups.com...
    > I'm setting up a new Dell computer with Vista. The HP software
    > installed then gets backed out. Is there an updated installation disk
    > for HP Laserjet 1300 printers for Vista?
    >

    You can get the Vista drivers from HP, or Vista installs drivers and Windows
    Update will load a newer set - though possibly because I have the HP ones
    already installed, this update always fails for me (but continues to tell
    me, after inspecting my system, that it's available).

    One oddball, Vista has set up two printers, HP Universal Printing PCL6 and
    HP Laserjet 1300 PCL5. PCL6 works fine, PCL5 only prints 1 copy no matter
    how many I dial in. I'm using the USB port.

    The HP Vista file doesn't include the toolbox, not that that bothers me, the
    "replace cartridge" thing doesn't work with the king-size toner.

    --
    Yorkshire rules, OK


  6. #6
    cpemma Guest

    Re: New HP Laserjet 1300 Software for Vista



    <edspyhill01@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:cba823d8-eeb0-4214-a82f-71e5b1c044d2@d62g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...
    > On Mar 1, 5:09 pm, "Mike Hall - MVP" <mikeh...@mvps.com> wrote:
    >> <edspyhil...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> news:12c98fbf-92a8-4f5a-8174-649223d3b66f@e25g2000prg.googlegroups.com...
    >>
    >> > I'm setting up a new Dell computer with Vista. The HP software
    >> > installed then gets backed out. Is there an updated installation disk
    >> > for HP Laserjet 1300 printers for Vista?

    >>
    >> > Thanks,

    >>
    >> > Ed S.

    >>
    >> From the HP web site, you can download the drivers..
    >>
    >> http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...reIndex.jsp?la...


    >
    > The main problem I'm having is I can't do manual double-sided printing
    > with the Vista drivers. I downloaded each of the three files. They
    > were simply unzipped at the top of C:. Should these files be copied
    > to a special directory?


    If you look in the unzipped folders you should find an install.exe or
    setup.exe file. Once things are running you can delete the HP C: folders.
    --
    Yorkshire rules, OK


  7. #7
    edspyhill01@yahoo.com Guest

    Re: New HP Laserjet 1300 Software for Vista

    On Mar 1, 6:39*pm, "cpemma" <nos...@easily.co.uk> wrote:
    > <edspyhil...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >
    > news:cba823d8-eeb0-4214-a82f-71e5b1c044d2@d62g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > > On Mar 1, 5:09 pm, "Mike Hall - MVP" <mikeh...@mvps.com> wrote:
    > >> <edspyhil...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    >
    > >>news:12c98fbf-92a8-4f5a-8174-649223d3b66f@e25g2000prg.googlegroups.com....

    >
    > >> > I'm setting up a new Dell computer with Vista. The HP software
    > >> > installed then gets backed out. Is there an updated installation disk
    > >> > for HP Laserjet 1300 printers for Vista?

    >
    > >> > Thanks,

    >
    > >> > Ed S.

    >
    > >> From the HP web site, you can download the drivers..

    >
    > >>http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...reIndex.jsp?la...

    >
    > > The main problem I'm having is I can't do manual double-sided printing
    > > with the Vista drivers. *I downloaded each of the three files. *They
    > > were simply unzipped at the top of C:. *Should these files be copied
    > > to a special directory?

    >
    > If you look in the unzipped folders you should find an install.exe or
    > setup.exe file. Once things are running you can delete the HP C: folders.
    > --
    > Yorkshire rules, OK- Hide quoted text -
    >
    > - Show quoted text -


    The installation options do not include a USB connection. There are
    no README or installation instructions. How is it that HP did not
    prepare for Vista?

  8. #8
    dzomlija Guest

    Re: New HP Laserjet 1300 Software for Vista


    edspyhill01;631615 Wrote:
    > The installation options do not include a USB connection. There are no
    > README or installation instructions. How is it that HP did not prepare
    > for Vista?


    Welcome to the world of HP! :sarc:

    HP has notoriously bad Vista support. In those few cases where drivers
    for Vista ARE made, they are usually stripped-down and have less
    features. In many other cases however, you just won't get the drivers
    you want.

    I think HP is trying to force you to purchase a new printer. Which is
    exactly what I did over a year ago - I bought a Canon.


    --
    dzomlija

    _____________________
    Peter Alexander Dzomlija
    -Do you hear, huh? The Alpha and The Omega? Death and Rebirth? And as
    you die, so shall I be Reborn...-

    -Download MP3 Media Properties Explorer: --http://www.phx.co.za-

    - ASUS A8N32-SLI-Deluxe
    - AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4800+
    - 4GB DDR400
    - 128MB ASUS nVidia 6600
    - Thermaltake Tai-Chi Chassis
    - 1207GB Formatted Storage
    - Vista Ultimate x64
    - CodeGear Delphi 2007See my rig at: http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/e...zomlija/Venus/

  9. #9
    edspyhill01@yahoo.com Guest

    Re: New HP Laserjet 1300 Software for Vista

    On Mar 2, 3:14*am, dzomlija <dzomlija.35m...@no-mx.forums.net> wrote:
    > edspyhill01;631615 Wrote:
    >
    > > The installation options do not include a USB connection. There are no
    > > README or installation instructions. How is it that HP did not prepare
    > > for Vista?

    >
    > Welcome to the world of HP! :sarc:
    >
    > HP has notoriously bad Vista support. In those few cases where drivers
    > for Vista ARE made, they are usually stripped-down and have less
    > features. In many other cases however, you just won't get the drivers
    > you want.
    >
    > I think HP is trying to force you to purchase a new printer. Which is
    > exactly what I did over a year ago - I bought a Canon.
    >
    > --
    > dzomlija
    >
    > _____________________
    > Peter Alexander Dzomlija
    > -Do you hear, huh? The Alpha and The Omega? Death and Rebirth? And as
    > you die, so shall I be Reborn...-
    >
    > -Download MP3 Media Properties Explorer: --http://www.phx.co.za-
    >
    > - ASUS A8N32-SLI-Deluxe
    > - AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4800+
    > - 4GB DDR400
    > - 128MB ASUS nVidia 6600
    > - Thermaltake Tai-Chi Chassis
    > - 1207GB Formatted Storage
    > - Vista Ultimate x64
    > - CodeGear Delphi 2007See my rig at:http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/e...zomlija/Venus/


    Thanks. I think you are correct about being forced to purchase a new
    printer. This HP Laserjet 1300 works flawlessly. I'll press the
    issue (ha!) with HP and if I get a solution I'll post it here.

    I've had my new Vista-powered computer for about 3 days and it is not
    too steep of a learning curve. I'm starting with the big Dummies
    Vista book (10 in 1 or 9 in 1) si it is RTFM time for me.

    Ed S.

    Ed S.

  10. #10
    cpemma Guest

    Re: New HP Laserjet 1300 Software for Vista



    <edspyhill01@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:591f1069-0a60-4223-8499-bae0e5febc21@u69g2000hse.googlegroups.com...
    > On Mar 1, 6:39 pm, "cpemma" <nos...@easily.co.uk> wrote:
    >> <edspyhil...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> news:cba823d8-eeb0-4214-a82f-71e5b1c044d2@d62g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> > On Mar 1, 5:09 pm, "Mike Hall - MVP" <mikeh...@mvps.com> wrote:
    >> >> <edspyhil...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    >>
    >> >>news:12c98fbf-92a8-4f5a-8174-649223d3b66f@e25g2000prg.googlegroups.com...

    >>
    >> >> > I'm setting up a new Dell computer with Vista. The HP software
    >> >> > installed then gets backed out. Is there an updated installation
    >> >> > disk
    >> >> > for HP Laserjet 1300 printers for Vista?

    >>
    >> >> > Thanks,

    >>
    >> >> > Ed S.

    >>
    >> >> From the HP web site, you can download the drivers..

    >>
    >> >>http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...reIndex.jsp?la...

    >>
    >> > The main problem I'm having is I can't do manual double-sided printing
    >> > with the Vista drivers. I downloaded each of the three files. They
    >> > were simply unzipped at the top of C:. Should these files be copied
    >> > to a special directory?

    >>
    >> If you look in the unzipped folders you should find an install.exe or
    >> setup.exe file. Once things are running you can delete the HP C: folders.
    >> --
    >> Yorkshire rules, OK- Hide quoted text -
    >>
    >> - Show quoted text -

    >
    > The installation options do not include a USB connection. There are
    > no README or installation instructions. How is it that HP did not
    > prepare for Vista?
    >


    Just install the thing, you'll end up with two IEEE 1284.4 entries in Device
    Manager, one for the parallel port, one for USB. I can't promise you'll get
    your manual double-sided whatever, but the printer works. I do manual
    double-sided by putting the odd pages back in and reverse printing the even
    pages.

    If you really want instructions and a readme they're hidden behind tabs on
    the download page marked "Installation Instructions" and "Readme".

    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...5&mode=4&idx=2
    --
    Yorkshire rules, OK


  11. #11
    edspyhill01@yahoo.com Guest

    Re: New HP Laserjet 1300 Software for Vista

    On Mar 2, 1:56*pm, "cpemma" <nos...@easily.co.uk> wrote:
    > <edspyhil...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >
    > news:591f1069-0a60-4223-8499-bae0e5febc21@u69g2000hse.googlegroups.com...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > > On Mar 1, 6:39 pm, "cpemma" <nos...@easily.co.uk> wrote:
    > >> <edspyhil...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    >
    > >>news:cba823d8-eeb0-4214-a82f-71e5b1c044d2@d62g2000hsf.googlegroups.com....

    >
    > >> > On Mar 1, 5:09 pm, "Mike Hall - MVP" <mikeh...@mvps.com> wrote:
    > >> >> <edspyhil...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    >
    > >> >>news:12c98fbf-92a8-4f5a-8174-649223d3b66f@e25g2000prg.googlegroups.com...

    >
    > >> >> > I'm setting up a new Dell computer with Vista. The HP software
    > >> >> > installed then gets backed out. Is there an updated installation
    > >> >> > disk
    > >> >> > for HP Laserjet 1300 printers for Vista?

    >
    > >> >> > Thanks,

    >
    > >> >> > Ed S.

    >
    > >> >> From the HP web site, you can download the drivers..

    >
    > >> >>http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...reIndex.jsp?la....

    >
    > >> > The main problem I'm having is I can't do manual double-sided printing
    > >> > with the Vista drivers. I downloaded each of the three files. They
    > >> > were simply unzipped at the top of C:. Should these files be copied
    > >> > to a special directory?

    >
    > >> If you look in the unzipped folders you should find an install.exe or
    > >> setup.exe file. Once things are running you can delete the HP C: folders.
    > >> --
    > >> Yorkshire rules, OK- Hide quoted text -

    >
    > >> - Show quoted text -

    >
    > > The installation options do not include a USB connection. *There are
    > > no README or installation instructions. * How is it that HP did not
    > > prepare for Vista?

    >
    > Just install the thing, you'll end up with two IEEE 1284.4 entries in Device
    > Manager, one for the parallel port, one for USB. I can't promise you'll get
    > your manual double-sided whatever, but the printer works. I do manual
    > double-sided by putting the odd pages back in and reverse printing the even
    > pages.
    >
    > If you really want instructions and a readme they're hidden behind tabs on
    > the download page marked "Installation Instructions" and "Readme".
    >
    > http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...areDescription....
    > --
    > Yorkshire rules, OK- Hide quoted text -
    >
    > - Show quoted text -


    That's a Doh! on my part. I was up late last night into this morning
    working on the new PC. I found the tabs and will read the
    instructions.

    Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. Aside from the
    printer problem I'm happy with the much faster PC and with Vista. I
    successfully installed CDex, Finale PrintMusic, TurboTax and one or
    two smaller apps without any problems.

    Thanks,

    Ed S.

  12. #12
    dipsomania Guest

    Re: New HP Laserjet 1300 Software for Vista


    Hi all,

    'HP Laserjet 1300 '
    (http://www.all-driver.com/printer-dr....html)Software
    for Vista(update) download

    Good luck



Similar Threads

  1. Want to buy HP LaserJet 1300
    By Gaelic in forum Hardware Peripherals
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 16-09-2014, 01:28 PM
  2. Windows 7 is not working with HP laserjet 1300
    By Tapasranjan in forum Windows Software
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 08:44 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 13-06-2010, 05:25 AM
  4. Windows 7 Scanning Software For HP LaserJet 3330
    By Sheravat in forum Hardware Peripherals
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28-04-2010, 06:39 AM
  5. HP Laserjet 1320 PCL 6 Vista driver
    By super soaker in forum Hardware Peripherals
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19-02-2009, 10:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •