Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Help
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

vista won't reboot after update failed to install

Vista Help

Old 19-02-2008

vista won't reboot after update failed to install

Hi, i am having a Windows Vista running HP laptop. Today morning when i ran Window Update, my system received huge list of updates. I allowed them all to install. During the installation it got failed to complete part 3 of 3. System restarted automatically and again tried to complete the 3rd part but got failed again and restarted again. Since then it is looping on the same.

How can i stop this funny thing? Please help.

Old 19-02-2008

Re: vista won't reboot after update failed to install

You are not alone with this problem friend, there are many. DOnt worry, this has become common problem with several Vista users. Anyway, here is the solution. When the laptop restarts, boot into Safe Mode by pressing F8 key just after the Bios screen. From the boot menu screen, first try to login with "Last Good Known Configuration" option and see if your system boot in fine.

If not, repeat the process and select Safe Mode from the boot menu screen. Enter Safe mode and simply run system restore to any earlier restore point created in the date earlier then yesterday. Thats it. Once done, boot into normal mode and install those updates.
Old 19-02-2008

Even i have been through this problem earlier but managed to fix it successfully. In my case i used my original Vista installation DVD, went into Recovery console and restored the system to a week old restore point.

Thats it. No more rebooting.
Old 10-06-2011

I am having exactly the same problem but when I try to the restore "function" it tells me that there is not restore date. Someone please help!
Old 10-06-2011

I would like to suggest you to perform the Last known good configuration and so that you can roll back to the point before installed the update. To perform this restart your system and while restarting your system press or hold the F8 key and while doing this you will get the startup menu and under that select the Last known good configuration. Now once you done this and after that go through your issue. I hope this will help you.
Old 11-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSI View Post
I would like to suggest you to perform the Last known good configuration and so that you can roll back to the point before installed the update. To perform this restart your system and while restarting your system press or hold the F8 key and while doing this you will get the startup menu and under that select the Last known good configuration. Now once you done this and after that go through your issue. I hope this will help you.
Thank you for your prompt reply. The problem is that when I go to restore it tells me there are no restore point. When I click on the repair option it tells me that it can't repair it.

Thanks again

drffeliz
Old 11-06-2011

I think you need to uninstall the operating system and after that reinstall it again. As you said that you cannot perform the repair also and so I would like to suggest you this and once reinstall the operating system and after that you wont get the any issue and your issue will get solved. I hope this will help you.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Help
Tags: , ,