Thread: Windows error recovery stuck on Blank Screen

Windows error recovery stuck on Blank Screen

I had purchased a new laptop for my son. It has Windows Vista installed in it. It is working nicely for few months in start. Now due to some issue I face error on the screen. So preferred to launch Startup Repair. But as I choose this option I can only see a blank screen. Nothing appear after that. When I try to go back on the regular boot, Windows freeze on login screen. I tried to enter safe mode but still I can see the recovery screen only. I do not have Windows installation disc with me. What I can do know to fix this thing.

re: Windows error recovery stuck on Blank Screen

Looks like some kind of issue with your hard drive. You can run check disck command to verify the disk integrity. For that enter command prompt and type chkdsk /r and hit enter. Let it scan your system. It is important that you arrange a Vista installation disc from somewhere or else it would not be easier to fix this thing.

The process that I am providing you might cause data loss. So it is recommended to backup that. You can try a LiveCD to get your data. There are ample of free live disc available. Like Windows LiveCD or Linux LiveCD. Download any one of them and boot your system with that. Get your data backup and then try my options. Now turn on your system and press Ctrl + F6. There will be certain beep sound that you will here. Now release F6 only and keep holding Ctrl for sometime. You can see Windows Boot Console now. Boot from Safe Mode here. This things works in my Dell PC. I hope this can help you to fix your system also. If this does not work then the last option lies is running repair option by using Windows Vista bootable disc.

The solution provided by you is useless. Read the question. The person is not at all able to enter safe mode. He can't boot his system properly.

Did you get this sorted, or end up sending the computer off for repair, as my computer is having the exact same problem?

Paul Montgomery Guest

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 19:33:10 +0530, hei2005
    <hei2005.3eajjb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote:

>
    >Did you get this sorted, or end up sending the computer off for repair,
    >as my computer is having the exact same problem?

Look at the # of posts of each person in that thread. NONE of them
    use that board. So NONE of them will get an email telling them they
    had a reply. And since the thread ended in February, it's unlikely
    that they even remember anything about it.

You are better off:

1) quoting all of what you are replying to, or
    2) starting a new thread and giving detailed info about your problem.

Here is the SOLUTION FOR THOSE OF WHO ARE IN THIS SITUATION!!! It took me 2 hours, but I finally got it to work. All you have to do is restart the computer and keep pressing F8 until a list of options appeared. Under one of those options, you will find "Last Known Good Configuration (advance)". Highlight that and press ENTER. Well hope this helps everyone. GL

There are number of options to fix that. First booting is safe mode and running System Restore. Choosing the data and then restoring the system to older form when it was working fine. This does not touch your data, just restore the systems all settings. If this fails then you can try to run a recovery from bootable disc. This process needs proper concentration or else you can loose your data.

Run recovery from Windows bootable disc. Insert the disc and boot from it. Then click on R. If this does not work then again boot your system with Windows installation disc. Choose the partition and hit enter. There is a last option leave the current system changes intact.. Choose that one, do not press anything on formatting stuff. It will restore the corrupt file. But take a backup and do that afterwards.