Thread: Convert Vista Spanish to English?

Convert Vista Spanish to English?

I got a DVD of Vista. When I installed that it has Spanish language in it. I do not understand the setup at all. Somehow it was done, but all menus, and folders are in spanish. I want to convert the same into English. I need some help on the same. What are the option available that can help me to get a proper English language in Vista. Thanks.

You can do that by downloading Vista English language pack. You can get that from two ways. First through Windows Update and second through any popular download website. Download English language pack and run the setup. After the installation you have to go on Control Panel > Regional and language settings. Just look for earth like green icon. That is the language setting. Open it and change your language to English. Restart your system.

Thanks for that solution. I was too looking for the same. I downloaded the language pack and installed it in my system. All menus are changes to English. But there is only one problem. Whenever I try to run a new setup or install a new software the installation beings in Spanish language. Not all software allows you to choose the language while installation. One of them is Speech to Text software. I cannot find any settings in that where I can put it back on English interface.

That is because your system language is still Spanish. Whatever setup you will run, it will start in Spanish only. I am not sure there is a way to change that. You have to buy a English DVD of Vista and then run the setup back again. English language pack just give you the interface. It does not modifies internal system files which manages this language setup. It is not so complicated to use.