Thread: Check Box in Word (Office 2007)

Check Box in Word (Office 2007)

I want some help to insert a check box in Microsoft Word. I am using Office 2007. The last version that I use, it was located in the Forms Toolbar. But in the new edition it is simply not available. I had tried to find the same but can't locate it. Can anyone help me to find a Check Box in Word 2007. Thanks.

Re: Check Box in Word (Office 2007)

It is available in Word 2007. But for that you will have enable Developer Tab. It can be done through Word Option. There is a round Office Button click on that and below you can see Word Option. In the Popular section you can find a check box called as Show Developer Tab in the Ribbon. Just done. Once you are done with the same you can find a Developer Tab in the ribbon. Now go ton Developer Tab > Controls > Legacy Tools. In that Legacy Forms click on Check Box. You can use this in Word. Sometime you will find that the Legacy Tool is not working. You have to activate the same by click on Form File Shading. You can copy paste the same again and again in the same document.

I found the same in Help. Press F1 and you can see Word Help option. There are some articles in which you can see round checkbox. You can copy paste the same in document and use it for clickable check box. This is another easy way to locate checkbox.

I found a link on officehelp about creating a checklist in Word. This checklist can help you to keep a track of day to day items. The below link provide you a easy process of creating checklist that can be inserted inside a from also. The new version offer your buttons on creating check boxes or radio buttons and insert them is simply dragging a object in the word file. Look for how to create forms in Microsoft Word.
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...001162451.aspx

That is not a big deal. Whenever you are stucked in Microsoft Word for any such thing simply press F1. This is the help and support feature of Office. Type the thing you want to add in Microsoft Word and hit enter. Then read the instructions and add the same. Second thing you can do is add a template in the same from online site. The office templates provide you ready to use Forms in Word.