Thread: Cd's burned in Vista not compatible on DVD

Cd's burned in Vista not compatible on DVD

I just purchased a new HP Pavilion notebook PC that has a Pioneer DVR-K17B ATA Drive. The operating system is Windows Vista Home Premium ( 32 bit).
    When I burn a CD containing .JPG's using windows mastered format, I am unable to view a slide show on my Panasonic DVD Recorder Model DMR-EZ27. The error says the CD is not compatible. I burned the CD using Windows. Is there a firmware update for the Pioneer burner that will resolve the compatibility issue with my Panasonic recorder. I have another question that no one seems to be able to answer. Is my incompatibility being caused by the windows software that I used to burn the CD, by the Pioneer DVR-K17B ATA Drive or Vista writing the file in an unknown format? I first burned the CD with "Live File System" format rather than "Mastered" format and I was unable to read on windows 98 computer or my Panasonic Recorder. Once I select the "Mastered" format Windows 98 no longer had a compatibility problem but CD was still incompatible with Panasonic recorder. Any help would be greatly appreciated or if you could lead me to someone that could offer assistance.

Tom [Pepper] Willett Guest
    "Is there a firmware update for the Pioneer burner that
    will resolve the compatibility issue with my Panasonic recorder"
    You would go to the Pioneer web site to check.

This is probably a silly question, but are you finalizing the CD?

are you finalizing the CD

I first created the cd indicating I wanted "Live File System" format, which is finalized but not compatible on other windows operating systems or other recorders. So I recreated the cd and used "Mastered" format which is supposed to make it compatible., however the help says it closes the session but doesn't need to be finalized. It is now compatible on my windows 98 computer but still not on my panasonic recorder. I talked to Panasonic and they also asked the question about being finalized. According to Microsoft, Live File System format needs to be finalized but not "Mastered" format. Does any one know how I can finalize the mastered format instead of just closing the session.

Tags Guest

Re: Cd's burned in Vista not compatible on DVD

I may be very late, but would like to know if you solved your problem
    with the Pavilion CD. Last week I bought a Pavilion and tried recording
    jpg photos onto a CD. In mastered format I was able to read it on my
    Sony DVD player, but the resolution was terrible.
    Being new to digital photos, recording them on CDs, etc. I hoped you
    would share your experiences with me.
    I look forward to hearing from you.

I'm having a similar problem: I can't finalize/close session on dvd+r's that I have formatted with the live file system. Doesn't seem to work. I've put the dvd in, right clicked on the drive and clicked close session and nothing happens. I've notice though that sometimes the bubble pops up in the corner really quickly then disappears but otherwise it does nothing. So I can't play these dvd's on my DivX player. Any ideas?

Peter Foldes Guest

Why on earth did you format it the disc first. Now you have your answer