Thread: Error 1305 when installing Call of Duty 4 with Windows Vista

Error 1305 when installing Call of Duty 4 with Windows Vista

I have a Windows XP based gaming laptop where i have successfully installed and playing Call of Duty 4. It is working fine. I also have a gaming desktop at home running on Windows Vista. As i carry the laptop along with me, i bought a new copy of Call of Duty 4 for desktop so that my brothers can play it at home.

Now when i am trying to install it on Vista, the setup fails everytime with an error message saying "ERROR 1305". I dont know what could be causing this error. Though i tried cleaning/fixing registry errors but that dint helped in any way. Same result.

Do anyone here know about this error? What could be the problem? Many thanks.

Re: Error 1305 when installing Call of Duty 4 with Windows Vista

First of all make sure your computer meets the minimum system requirements of COD 4. I hope it is hence you bought the game. Secondly, there are many Video cards which dont support DirectX 10 and hence you get such error messages. What you need to do is simply install DirectX 9 and try installing the game again. Hopefully it will work fine.

Hey, i thought i was alone with the said problem but seems like i got a company. Even i am facing Error 1305 when trying to install COD 4 on Vista but when i took the same CDs and install on Windows XP, it installs fine in first attempt, without ant issue.

I tried updating drivers, system is fully patched with all recent updates, what else could be the problem? Any ideas? Do you want me to install DX 9 or what?

I too had this problem recently on my Vista system but managed to fix it myself. I am not sure it will help you as well but let me make you know what i did. While installing the game i received and error 1305 telling something about bik files and asking if i am able to access this file. I simply explored the game CD and attempted to run the named biks even though i didnt have the correct program to open them, after attempting that i clicked retry on the installation and all seemed to install properly after that. I dont know what happened but installation went fine just after attempting to run those bijs file.

Just to give it a try, you should also do what i did. Hope it helps.

Hi everyone! I have windows 7 and i had the problem launchfacility_load_b.bik. (If its right idontknow) but i did this:

1 -> Copy whole disk to your C or another drive.
    2 -> Run as administrator and with compability mode as Windows XP
    3 -> Get this file: (Its just the launchfacility_load_b.bik but i think you can copy your own file to. NOT TESTED!)
    4 -> When the error comes up in the setup, overwrite the downloaded file in the install folder.
    5 -> I hope it will work =]

I dont know or this will work for other files to, but if you guys need that file, add my msn

i have windows 7

ok, possiple solution take the cd out when the error comes and but it back in and try again.