Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Help
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

R300 display driver stopped responding and recovered successfully

Vista Help

Old 23-12-2007

R300 display driver stopped responding and recovered successfully

This is Dell laptop running with Windows Vista Home Basic and Windows Media Player 11. Whenever i play any video in Full Scree mode, WMP gets freezed and i get the following error message on the screen:

"R300 display driver stopped responding and recovered successfully".

The error appears only while playing movie in Windows Media Player. I have all recent patches installed from Window update. Any idea what is wrong with the system? Please help me fixing the same. Many Thanks.

Old 05-03-2011

Re: R300 display driver stopped responding and recovered successfully

My laptop is loaded with Windows Vista Home Basic. I've been observing the
following driver error whenever i play any movie file using Windows Media
player.
While viewing the movie after sometime the windows media player on the full
screen mode hangs up and am facing the error "R300 display driver stopped
responding and recovered successfully". My laptop is loaded with the latest
widows updates. Still am facing the above problem. Is there any solution to
resolve this issue?
Old 06-03-2011

Re: R300 display driver stopped responding and recovered successfully

Hi anthoney,

Did you try to go to ATI's website and download and install their latest drivers? I am not that familiar with ATI products however. Other causes might be a program you recently installed. You could try to see if uninstalling the program solves the problem. You could try a System Restore. You could try Windows Update. Apart from all this, what is the make/model of your laptop?

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Help
Tags: , , , , ,