Thread: 6TO4 Adapter is not functioning properly

6TO4 Adapter is not functioning properly

I bought this laptop about 6 months ago and it came pre-installed with Windows Vista Home Premium. Rest all things are working fine but whenever I go into Device Manager I notice the 6TO4 Adapter under Network adapters is not functioning properly. It says:

“This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)”

When I try to update the drivers by right clicking the adapter, it scans and says the Driver is up to date. In fact I don’t know what is this adapter and how do I need it. Hence I came here and request you guys to please tell me what is it related to and how can make it working (if it is really required)?

Many Thanks.

Can you tell me what is make/model of your laptop? If it is not able to find the drivers right from Device Manager, then simply go to your laptop's manufacturer website, locate your Model page and download the drivers for that device. Install it and the problem should go away. Is till you get the same error then better you should contact laptop' support center and ask them about the same.

So why does this error occur then because I have it in my device manager too. The Microsoft website site saids just to ignore the problem but I am curious why it happens and why are we suppose to leave it like that?

my main concern is every time i try to download this driver,microsoft won't let me,firewall blocks it.i am to to stage to where i'm about ready to scream.why do they put it on their site to download if they won't let you download it?any help apprecited..at first i couldn't even get online on account of this driver being gone,then after restoreing i am able to get online but device driver still shows it isn't working.and my computer is about a tenth as fast as it was before this happened,help.thanks.

I also have this problem. The warnigns for the 6to4 adapter unable to load started after an update! My printer not working, and i thought it wa sthe reason why, but i can't find any help for this. I hope someone figures this out, if they do email me! jeniferfennellatyahoocom

Re: 6TO4 Adapter is not functioning properly

I have a Gateway laptop that i use on a college campus. I can only use wirless while on campus and since i have started haveing problems with my 6to4 adapter and 6to4 adapter #3 i have not been able to use wireless with any unsecured networks.

I know that the drivers have to do specifically with wireless networks connections, but i am need of a way to either repair or replace the drivers.

I have a Gateway laptop that i use on a college campus. I can only use wirless while on campus and since i have started haveing problems with my 6to4 adapter and 6to4 adapter #3 i have not been able to use wireless with any unsecured networks.
    I have an HP dv2225nr and received this identical error when I installed an internal bluetooth adapter. I determined this by replacing my HP wireless assistant with the new assistant with bluetooth support and enabling the IP version6 protocol on my wireless adapter. I removed the 6 to 4 adapter and investigated for innovative hardware. At this time, it reinstalled the whole thing the way it should be with nix errors. I am hoping that someone will get help from this post.

I see this discussion is old, however, I will add this: I first noticed the problem after I configured my Verizon VZAccess manager, disabling if from switching from Ipv6 to Ipv 4. Why did I do this? Because I verizon kept dropping my internet connection for reasons unknown to me, switching from my fast connectin (Ipv6) to my slow connection (Ipv4). I didn't want it to do that all the time as it was driving me crazy.

It seems to have worked for me. I have a strong signal and I don't know why the computer kept switching, but from this experience I suspect that the 6to4 name may refer to the ability to switch from a fast connection to a slower connection when the fast signal is not available. (For some reason my computer was switching even when it was not necessary.)

Maybe that's what the error message is all about?