Thread: How do I fix a corrupt pst file in Vista Outlook 2007?

How do I fix a corrupt pst file in Vista Outlook 2007?

I recently bought a new desktop and installed Windows Vista with Office 2007. Everything is working good except the Outlook 2007. Whenever i start Outlook and try to download mails, i use to get sign on screen again and again and later it ends up with an error message saying something like "use the scanpst utility". The exe is scanpst.exe but i cannot find it anywhere.

Can anyone please provide me some more info on this? Many Thanks.

You will get a direct answer by posting to the Outlook 2007 group at link below
    http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...&lang=en&cr=US

You can try a popular Outlook recovery tool called 'Advanced Outlook Repair repair your PST file. It is a powerful tool to recover messages, folders and other objects from corrupt or damaged Microsoft Outlook PST files.

You can repair your pst file using pst repair tool. Download the software to repair your corrupted pst file

Re: How do I fix a corrupt pst file in Vista Outlook 2007?

You can use the Vista Outlook 2007 PST software for recovering your corrupt PST Files.
    This software easily repairs and restores your all PST Files. This is an effective tool for scanning, repairing, restoring and recovering your all ruined PST files.
    So, download it and get recover the damaged PST files of Vista.

One of my friend has a very similar problem with its Outlook client. After spending some hours on web for solution we finally ended up with an Outlook recovery tool called "Advanced Outlook Repair". it is a powerful application to repair your PST file, recover messages, folders and other objects from corrupt or damaged Microsoft Outlook PST files. I think you should check it out. Just google with its name for download link.

Go to C Drive> Program Files> Microsoft Office> Office 2007. After doing this you will see the PST files. Right click on it and go to the Properties and then select the Compatibility tab. Click on it to clear down all the Compatibility Mode Check Box. After doing so, click on Apply and then press OK. Restart the computer and your problem is sorted out.

If still the problem persists, then your PST file is damaged. Try using this software to get your problem sorted out.

Nope, i dont think the procedure will effect whatsoever on a corrupted pst file. By the way what makes you think about that? You can be worry free because there's a built-in tool in Office that is specifically designed to repair damaged pst files - it's called scanpst.exe.

Deleted and damaged outlook email recover repair microsoft outlook 2007. The utility can find out corrupted outlook items and restore them. Moreover the application repairs outlook info after power failures, viruses, malicious software.

There is a tool called ScanPST. This tool scans your system for pst file and fix them if they are corrupted. This works in many cases. Or else there is another Inbox Repair tool that can be found on the below links with all steps. Do follow the instructions properly below before running the tools. It is also important to recover your mails files. Basically I had made settings of keep a copy on the server in my outlook, so that if something happens to my system, I can get backup from the online server.

Inbox Repair Tool