Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows vista print spooler problem.

Mr. raspy Guest

Windows vista print spooler problem.

I am trying to install my printer for the first time and the print spooler turns off when i try to add my printer. when i hit the add print button i get the error message " windows can't open add printer. Operation could not be completed (error 0x000006be). how do i fix this?

irondog Guest

RE: Windows vista print spooler problem.

It sounds like you are having the same prob as me. The first thing I did is go into services and manualy start the print spooler. But it will not start. This is a fresh install of win vista ul. And a brand new cannon pixma mp530 with vista drivers. It can't be the drivers i suspect because the drivers willnot install. But you might go to sevices and try starting it your self.
    Good luck...

hi guys, I have the same problem. Even after starting the Print Spooler service manually, it stops during the installation of the printers. I have already tried an Epson Stylus C42UX, Canon MP210, even PDF995 printer driver cannot be installed (and they claim to support Windows Vista).

So I think it is indeed a Windows Vista problem and not a driver incompatibility. Does someone have a work around for this issue?

FYI, I found a Vista plug-in that should fix this problem (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=938194).

Bad news: it did not work. But I would encourage you to try it in your environments.

It finally works after "simply" reinstalling Windows Vista...

wyocowboy Guest

Vista print spooler problem

A customer brought her Lenovo laptop w/VHP in because the print spooler crashes whenever she clicks on Add Printer. She had clicked it because her printer had disappeared from the system.

The event log shows event ID 1033, "the print spooler cannot start because the printerBusEnumerator could not start. Error code 0x80070006. This can occur because of system instability or a lack of system resources."

I can restart the spooler service after this error, but no printers appear in the printer window. She previously had an HP OJ 7110 and the Microsoft xps writer in the folder.

If I try to go into printer server properties, this also causes the spooler to crash, with the same error code.

I followed the instructions from here... http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm

.... but they didn't help.

Anyone know of a fix for this?

wyocowboy Guest

Vista print spooler problem

[I posted this twice in the printing/faxing/scanning newsgroup, but since it
    never showed up, here it is again...]

customer brought their Lenovo laptop w/VHP installed because her HPOJ 7110 printer had disappeared. Thinking that she needed to do so, she clicked the Add Printer button and got "Windows can't open Add Printer. The local print spooler service is not running."

The spooler can then be restarted, and clicking the Add Printer button gets "Windows can't open Add Printer. Operation could not be completed (error 0x000006be)

The event log event ID 1033 associated with this error says "the print spooler cannot start because the PrinterBusEnumerator could not start. Error code 0x80070006. This can occur because of system instability or a lack of resources."

Since she installed the printer herself and she isn't particularly computer savvy, I suspect that she might have installed XP drivers, although the printer had been working ok for a while. I haven't tried downloading and installing the HP OJ7110 Vista drivers yet, as I suspect that they won't install.

Anybody seen this/have a fix?

Carey Frisch [MVP] Guest
    Chat with HP Support:
    http://h50203.www5.hp.com/hpisweb/cu...&cc=us&lang=en

No one can help resolve HP printer issues better than HP. The chat support is FREE! I've used their chat support on several occasions to resolve issues with installing older HP printing devices.

wyocowboy Guest

Re: Vista print spooler problem

Well, it looks like this may not be an HP problem after all. I spoke with the customer and she says that she did not use any HP software. Not knowing any better, she just connected the USB cable and Vista used its own driver.

So, what about the PrinterBusEnumerator? Is it HP software, or part of Vista?

wyocowboy Guest

Carey,

HP says this is not their problem, since the error occurs when clicking on the Add Printer button, and the printerBusEnumerator is a windows component, not an HP component.

Do you have any suggestions for resolving the problem before I do a wipe and reinstall of Vista (for the 3rd time since July, on this machine)?

jimjamsellis@gmail.com Guest

Sorry to be a pain, this error just happened to me but I've managed to fix it - do you still need the instructions?

GPDADDY 95 Guest

RE: Vista print spooler problem

I have the same exact problem only with an HP2610. The other systems on my wireless network use the printer flawlessly. Unfortunately, I recently upgraded from XP to Vista and the troubles soon began. I contacted HP and spent almost 2hours chatting with Technical Services. They even sent me a level 3 uninstaller to get the XP drivers off the machine. DIDN'T WORK. Since I have tried 8 different ways to uninstall and subsequently re-install the printer, Vista tries 8 times to update the drivers for the "unidentified device".

This is in addition to the two MS (XBOX and ZUNE) that took a huge dump and don't integrate with the Vista machine anymore. Anyone heard of a good sale on a MAC?

jimjamsellis@gmail.com Guest

I've found this problem was caused by a registry issue concerning the PrinterBusEnumerator entry in the System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\UMB \UMB\1&841921d&0&PrinterBusEnemerator.

Either this entry is corrupt or missing or the required drivers are not installed. As this is not a plug and play device the drivers are not installed on a restart or through device manager by clicking
    update hardware.

To correct this issue:

Start, [RIGHT CLICK] Computer, Properties, Device Manager [CONTINUE],

From Menu bar, choose VIEW, Show Hidden devices.Then Devices by connection. Scroll to System Devices, and then UMBus Enumerator. Check that there are two others. Do not delete.

If there are three:

Right click on the bottom one. Choose properties. Under details tab choose under the property combo box DEVICE CLASS GUID. Confirm GUID matches that under the DRIVER entry in the registry as above.
    Right click and uninstall (you will reinstall in a second) If the GUID does not match, choose the other two until you find the correct one.

Choose ACTION, ADD LEGACY HARDWARE Choose NEXT Choose INSTALL THE HARDWARE THAT I MANUALLY SELECT.. (ADVANCED) Choose SYSTEM DEVICES, then MICROSOFT and UMBUS Enumerator Restart, a system install will begin on restart of various associated drivers. When complete, restart again and check service is running. Help this helps,

hdophan Guest

Re: Windows vista print spooler problem.

Hello all

I have this exactly same problem as Eddie, Pimp Daddy Addy, irondog, Mr. raspy, and many many more users in (and outside) this forum It is clear that there is an (yet) unidentified issue with the Windows Vista
    Spooler with regards to different printers (mainly HP and Lexmark but also Canon, Epson....) the "symptom" is always the same

1) all the printers have disappeared from the control panel printer folder (including virtual printers such as MS XPS or Acrobat printer)

2) when trying to install (add) a new printer : an error message appears, telling that the spooler is not running (or similar messages

3) when checking in the services.msc console, we do see that the spooler has stopped

4) when starting the spooler, it seems to stark ok, but as soon as we try to (again) "add" a printing (using the appropriate button) -> the spooler immediately crashes (stops) and the same error message occurs
    - spooler not started and/or - windows can't open add printer and/or - Operation could not be completed and/or - error 0x000006be - etc...

So the situation is "delicate"
    - OS is Windows Vista (no mater the version)
    - The printers are various (HP; Canon, Lexmark, Epson)
    - The "control panel printers folder" is empty
    - It is impossible to add a printer (using the appropriate "add" button)
    - The spooler seems unstable and stops itself when attempting to add a printer

Does someone know the solution?

thank you very much in advance

regards

hdophan

hdophan@gmail.com Guest
    Run Services Management Console (type* services.msc* in Start Search or Run Dialog box) and look for Services name *Print Spooler* Change its start up type to *Automatic *and click on *start *button

C.B. Guest

I use Vista Ultimate 32 bit and have never had a problem installing or using any of my Dell printers, which are simply rebranded Lexmark printers. I've never had a problem in which the print spooler service stops working or is disabled. Maybe I'm just lucky. In any event, Vista has not presented me with any problems related to printers. I'm not saying Vista is or is not the causative factor because I'm not qualified to make that assertion. I'm simply disputing your statement "this problem is related to Windows VISTA : this problem occurs when trying to ADD a printer, no matter the brand." I'm certainly not trying to start any type of argument. I hope you and the others get the problems resolved. I know how frustrating it can be when you don't have access to a printer.

Quote Originally Posted by jimjamsellis@gmail.com View Post
    On Jan 21, 10:42*pm, jimjamsel...@gmail.com wrote:[color=blue]
    Scroll to System Devices, and then UMBus Enumerator. Check that there
    are two others.
    Sorry to be a pain, but I'm having this problem and went through the steps posted by mister jimjamsellis to try and resolve the problem but stopped at this step... UMBus Enumerator does not exist/is not installed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast