Thread: ADOBE FLASH 64 bit

GINTER Guest

ADOBE FLASH 64 bit

Of course, it's NOT available. It's been YEARS since XP 64 came out,
    and now with Vista 64, we still don't have a 64 bit version of FLASH.
    Why do we want one? So that we could use the 64 bit IE and not the 32
    bit one.

Hit that site as MANY times as you possibly can, and in the FEEDBACK
    (right side of the screen), yell at them for not coding this! Do it
    repeatedly. Perhaps someone with their head up their ass will wake up
    and start a movement to code a 64 bit version.

VOTE FOR YOUR 64 BIT!

Re: ADOBE FLASH 64 bit

ok, so that's my Pissed off foul mouth (type) approach. Now for the techie relaxed approach... It really makes no sense that it has been this long with no 64 bit flash. Perhaps the hiring of some old Macromedia coders would be of some assistance?

True story... The last company I worked for let go one of our highest paid programmers, and within 6 months we had upgraded over 300 of our offices with software patches that ganked a small, yet important app called the "RMS". The bug was HUGE and cost an insane amount of customer issues. The company was asked "Why not just higher the original coder back part time to at least get us through this bug?" The reply was that they tried and he wanted too much money...
    It was the reason the company failed and went out of business...
    I own over $4,000.00 worth of Adobe products, and in the last 2 months of running Vista 64 with constant messages saying to install flash (which we cannot do obviously) can honestly say, your name to me dropped more than I ever thought possible.
    Some people may think, so just use 32 bit,,, no.

1st of all it shouldn't be something a normal joe like you and I should have to do. We should be able to use whatever browser we prefer without lenghty lies and/or procrastination on the part of a multi-billion dollar a year giant like adobe.

That would be like Walmart saying:
    "We are closing off the woman's room in all locations due to %'s of males out weighing the females that come into our establishment".

2nd The biggest threat of being effected by Malware/spyware (other than being a newb on a comp, clicking on obvious ads that are bogus) is unsecure and unproteced systems... Personally I prefer to do my browsing in a 64 bit browser that is coded for programs like 64bit Windows Defender to better handle the malicious idiots out there, that like to infect our systems with their nonsense.

3rd Microsoft isn't going to care if your excuse to them for needing multiple re-activations for vista is due to your weak browsing habbits, having to do all your https:\\ transactions on a non defender supported browser because most banks, checkout pages on sales sites, etc, use Flash... (For this 3rd comment, it isn't like Microsoft cares that you use a 32bit browser, however! They WILL tell you that Defender and all Symantec software is optimized for 64 bit protection and basically, "Sry but we have the protection kid, you just weren't using it!"

4th Shit or get off the pot Adobe
    Last edited by Adobe Blows; 25-03-2009 at 12:10 AM.

It is absolutely ridiculous that Abode hasn't released a 64 bit version of Flash for Windows. Mark my word, Adobe is burying Flash by taking this action. We're starting to develop more and more applications with AJax, jQuery, and HTML5 for this very reason.

If you run a google Trends search for "64 bit flash", u'll notice that interest is up something like 700% in the last couple years, but apparently, Adobe doesn't give a rats ass.

smlunatick Guest

Apple has "suggested' developers not to use (aka rejected) Flash for
    the iPad. Flash is "dieing."