Bootmgr is missing
You can try to repair the BCD store by using the Startup Repair option. You can use the Startup Repair option in the Windows Recovery Environment to repair the BCD store. To do this, follow these steps:
Re: Bootmgr is missing
Try this solution:
If the previous method does not resolve the problem, you can rebuild the BCD store by using the Bootrec.exe tool in the Windows Recovery Environment. To do this, follow these steps:
- Get your Vista installation DVD and pop it into your drive.
- Then restart your computer.
- Press a key when you are prompted.
- Select a language, a time, a currency, and a keyboard or another input method, and then click Next
- Click Repair your computer
- Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next
- In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Command Prompt
- Type bootrec /rebuildbcd and then press ENTER
• If Bootrec runs successfully, it will present you with the installation path of a Windows directory. To add the entry to the BCD store, type Yes . A confirmation message appears that indicates the entry was added successfully.
• If Bootrec cannot locate any missing Windows installations, you must remove the BCD store, and then you must re-create it. To do this, type the following commands in the order shown below: (Remember to press ENTER after each command)
bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup
ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old
- Restart the computer
There is also an alternate fix listed on that page. Hope it helps.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar Threads for: "Bootmgr is missing"|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Bootmgr.exe Missing||Guille6219||Operating Systems||1||20-11-2010 11:17 PM|
|bootmgr missing||squibby||Vista Help||8||13-08-2010 03:00 AM|
|BOOTMGR is missing||stumpygangsta||Windows XP Support||3||20-01-2010 01:51 AM|
|BOOTMGR is missing||iz0nlee||Vista Help||7||29-12-2009 11:43 PM|
|Bootmgr is missing - Repair says that's all OK||Brandy||Vista Setup and Install||7||29-12-2009 07:23 AM|