Thread: RunDLL error when starting vista

RunDLL error when starting vista

I am running Windows Vista on my computer and during at the startup I am getting 2 errors related to Rundll which states that loading C:\users\xyz\AppData\Local\Temp\ljJBQJaY.dll and the other the same thing with different dll file termed as bYolmKCs.dll. And at the bottom of these error there is more to it which says "the specified module could not be found". Can anyone tell me whether this is a virus or just some another file which is required to run any application or such? Thank you in advance for any help on this issue.

Yes, it definitely sounds like a virus or a spyware. If you havent scanned your pc with any antivirus software then download and install AVG antivirus and run a thorough scan to fix this problem. It could be also that there might be some remains of any kind of malware infection that you might had previously. So what you can do is click start and then in the search box type regedit and press enter. After that expand the registry to find the below entry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Then you have to click on each of them one by one and at the right side pane for a string that loads that dll file, just select and delete it. Close the registry editor and restart the pc to take effect. Now you will not get the error.

Re: RunDLL error when starting vista

hi, am facing problem when i start windows 7, am getting error as RunDLL c:\program data e6f75337-f008-4a34-b606-b5d5a5f49eca.dat
    when ever when i start my laptop, am getting the above message

Re: RunDLL error when starting vista

This is very common error with many users. You can simply fix it by restoring your system to any Previous System Restore Point. Or you can fix it by simply stopping the service from Services Management. To do this, go to start, RUN, type:services.msc . If you drag the mouse to one of the services. It will give you a detailed explanation of the service in question. By right clicking the individual service. Stop the "dll"service immediately.