Thread: Error Message "Error Loading C:\Windows\System32\csgina.dll"

Error Message "Error Loading C:\Windows\System32\csgina.dll"

I bought a brand new laptop last month which came per-installed with Windows Vista. I am facing a problem with this since past a week now and not able to figure it out. Whenever i try to install VPN Client it gives me an error message saying:

"Error Loading C:\Windows\System32\csgina.dll".

I read many articles on web, searched MS Support but dint found anything working so far. Hope anyone from here can help me out getting rid of this problem.

Thank you in advance.

Re: Error Message "Error Loading C:\Windows\System32\csgina.dll"

Hello Cris, i think i can help you out but the solution may vary with Vista edition. So can you please tell you me what edition of Vista are you having on the laptop? I mean is it Vista Home, Business, Ultimate, etc? Also let me know whether it is built in VPN or a Cisco, Nortel, etc.

Ooops, i am really sorry for the incomplete information. I am using Windows Vista Home Premium and it is Cisco VPN Client.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

I have never used any Cisco client hence dont have any idea if they have any Vista based VPN client. You should go to their official website and see if they have any updated version of the VPN client madef or your operating system. You are getting that error because the version you are trying to install is not compatible with Vista.

I too agree with shawntae. Cisco must be having a newer version of the client because there are millions of vista user around the world and all of them might be facing the same problem. Gina is no longer an option with Windows Vista.

You can also check the following MS article for more information on the changes to Windows Vista: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925520

Quote Originally Posted by Cris Han View Post
    I bought a brand new laptop last month which came per-installed with Windows Vista. I am facing a problem with this since past a week now and not able to figure it out. Whenever i try to install VPN Client it gives me an error message saying:

"Error Loading C:\Windows\System32\csgina.dll".

I read many articles on web, searched MS Support but dint found anything working so far. Hope anyone from here can help me out getting rid of this problem.

Thank you in advance.
    UNABLE INSTALL