Thread: Cannot import mp4 to itunes

Cannot import mp4 to itunes

I want some help to import mp4 video directly in iTunes. I had posted a numerous question on Apple forums but no helped received yet. I am just giving a try that someone here can help me to get mp4 work on iTunes. I am using Windows Vista Home Premium. I have a iPod. I am using latest version of iTunes with all updates installed in it. Now there are some videos that I had taken from a camcorder. Those are all mp4 files. I am trying to first add them in iTunes and then sync with iPod. but that is not working at all. When I drag the file on iTunes it does not popup any error that format is not supported or invalid files. After sync the videos does not appear in my iPod. I tried to manually add file by using the import option of iTunes. That too does not worked out much. I had tried to use a video convertor to make a valid file format, which actually works can anyone tell me.

RE: Cannot import mp4 to itunes

Hi,

There is no need to mess with the files. It looks that your mp4 files does not meet the iTunes standard because of which you are not able to get them in your iPod. There are number of standards available. First of all you need to find the standard which is compatible with Apple. If you are trying to add a media file with non apple format, then there is no way to sync them in your iPod. The iPod is capable of reading AAC format3. Try to get your videos converted in that form.

Re: Cannot import mp4 to itunes

According to Apple official website, iPad/iTunes is only compatible with H.264, MPEG-4 or Motion JPEG video format with the following specifications:

* If it is H.264 video, it should meet: up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;
    * If it is MPEG-4 video, it should meet: up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;
    * If it is Motion JPEG (M-JPEG), it should meet: up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format.

If the MP4 video is not in the above technical specification, you will fail to transfer MP4 to iTunes or fail to play MP4 on iPad or iPad2.

In order to solve this problem, just google search MP4 to iPad - How to Play MP4 on iPad/iPad2 successfully

you will find a step by step guide on how to convert MP4 to iPad format for easy transfer MP4 to iTunes/iPad/iPhone/iPod and more.

Re: Cannot import mp4 to itunes

Just google search Step by Step Guide on How to Easy Import MP4 to iTunes and Successfully Transfer MP4 to iPod, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV

you will find a simple solution to solve itunes cannot import mp4 problem, it applies to importing all kinds of videos to itunes including avi, wmv, flv, mkv, mpg and more