Thread: Windows Error Recovery error at startup

Windows Error Recovery error at startup

So, recently (yesterday) my Asus X58L with Vista Basic has begun the following:-

When I start up my computer it shows the "Windows Error Recovery" screen with options "Safe mode", "Safe mode with Networking", "Safe mode with Command Prompt", "Last known good configuration (advanced)" and "Start windows normally".
    When I click any of these, the computer brings up the Asus loading bar for a split second, and then a frame with a blue screen before restarting itself to come back to the same screen.

The instructions on this screen are
    1. Insert your Windows Installation Disc and restarting your computer.
    2. Choos your language settings and click "Next".
    3. Click "Repair your computer".

But other than my Recovery DVD, I have no other discs that do anything.

I have the recovery disc at hand, and despite using it and clearing everything, the problem still persists. When I click certain F keys in startup, some stuff comes up (I hope based on these you can help)

F2 - BIOS setup utility
    F4 - AsusTek BIOS ROM easy flash utility
    F9 - Asus preload wizard. With Recovery CD

No other F key brings up anything.

If any more information is given, please ask, with help on how I can find that info.
    I hope people can help me and solve this problem (When giving instructions, be as helpful as possible - How to do things and so on). Thanks :)

re: Windows Error Recovery error at startup

Blue Screen is caused due to corrupt hardware or corrupt system files. For that when you boot your system, note down the error code which is mentioned on the blue screen. It is written below the format of 0X00000 something. Post the code here, so that we can figure out what is the exact issue. Have you added any new hardware to your system recently. If yes then disconnect everything and then try to boot back. Check your RAM, remove it and rub the edge with a rubber. Place it back. Do post the error code of blue screen for more help.

The blue screen is so fast, I can't make out the code.

This seems to be the issue with the hardware failure which might be corrupted the Windows File System. All you have to do is to disconnect all the hardware and then connect each individually and tighten then properly . Now start the system and if possible then repair the Windows file system. So if you can then try this out and see whether this is working for you or not.

And how would I go about doing the latter?

Re: Windows Error Recovery error at startup

The Recovery screen usually appears when there is a shutdown failure which includes intentional or forced shutdown. It also happens if your system is corrupted somewhat. You need to try repairing your windows vista for repairing refer How to Make a Windows Vista Repair Disk if repairing does not fix the issue then you will have to reinstall the operating system.