Thread: Multiple Network Adapter's in Windows Vista

Multiple Network Adapter's in Windows Vista

I am not able to under what issue lies with Windows Vista. At first my lan is not working. When I checked in Device Manager I had seen multiple network adapters listed in the same. The one which is mine is 6T04. But there are some more like isatap.{56A09CCD-C4C7-4986-992A-773C4CBEB51A}. From where did this came from. I had tried a number of ways to make this work proper, but nothing worked out. On a simple reboot the network started working well, but what about those extra listing.

re: Multiple Network Adapter's in Windows Vista

If your lan is working then you can ignore them. Those entries will cost nothing. Does there is any yellow exclamation mark on them. I will advice you to leave them alone. There might be some additional functionality installed in your computer which is detected through that. If you want to find more information on the same look for ISATAP Adapter in Device Manager.

If your lan is working then I think ignoring them is quiet better. Those are Internet/Site Automatic Tunnel Addressing Protocol. Also called as Microsoft ISATAP Adapters. They do not create any issue in your system. This are mostly used to act as link layer for IPV6. If you want to check more then enable show hidden devices and see whether there is other more uninstalled hardware in Device Manager. You can keep windows update on to receive appropriate updates incase of any error faced. If you want you can remove them also.

Those are extra network adapters that can be ignored. There is no need to install or update drivers. They are mostly related to ISATAP. As mentioned above they are used for connection IPv6 to IPv4 layer. This are quiet recommended for those systems which work on multiple network or advance networks. I found a link below that can provide more detailed information on the same. Read the reference below to get more highlight. You do not need to worry about the driver stuff. You lan is working and this is not going to affect your internal network.

Hi All,

I am getting an error for these 2 drivers:

1) Microsoft ISATAP Adapter # 3
    2) Microsoft ISATAP Adapter # 8

Error:
    This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)
    Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

Problem: Nothing works out when checked for solution

Plz help.

Are you getting the error while trying to update the drivers of the two adapters? or is it something else? Just tell me the solution that you tried for the error that you have got and let me know here itself. I will have a recheck about that and will get back to you soon.