Thread: Vista won't boot, can't get into safemode, what to do?

Vista won't boot, can't get into safemode, what to do?

Hey guys so after downloading a torrent I got a virus which faked itself as Windows Security Center, "Vista Security 2011 - unregistered"

I ran Malwarebytes and it found 100+ infections, and it removed most of them and asked me to restart to completely remove the rest.

Upon restarting, I got stuck on my Biostar's "hardware monitor" screen which Vista usually loads up right after.

I booted the Vista CD and it won't detect my OS partition to give me any repair options.

I've also tried restarting multiple times, have unplugged all unneeded peripherals, replugged and reseated all my hardware, and have removed the mobo battery for 5min.

It seems my only option may be to reformat, but if anyone has any other advice it would be greatly appreciated. (And a side question regarding reformatting - would my raid set up be detected by the newly reformatted operating system? Or am I sacrificing everything from my primary drives and secondary raid drives?)

Thanks, and I'll be on these forums waiting via my smartphone to answer questions and provide any additional information.
    -CB

Re: Vista won't boot, can't get into safemode, what to do?

OK, very sad to hear about the situation in which you are in i am bit surprised that malware bytes did not help you in the cause anyways if your system is not booting up then the only method seems to be of clean installation of windows vista so while doing that just remember that you Mount the hard disk as an external drive in another available computer take a note that if the hard disk in not getting recognized on the other computer then there must be some issue with the hard disk itself, in case if it gets detected then copy all the files to the new system an then continue with the clean installation.