Thread: SCANNER LEXMARK X215

Scanner Lexmark X215

I am using Windows Vista and have a LEXMARK X215 printer/scanner which i want to use with this system but even after trying for several hours my Vista is not able to recognize the same. Actually, some times i can print documents but it never allows me to scan.

I tried uninstalling the current drivers and installing XP twain driver from lexmark but yet the same problem. Now i dont know what else to do. Hope anyone here can provide me working solution. Thank you very much.

Re: SCANNER LEXMARK X215

Hello Adele2. I think the x215 is far too old for Vista. Check this
    http://www.lexmark.com/lexmark/seque...9_0_en,00.html

Since you haven't told us which Logitech webcam you have, I can't get you further than:
    http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/do...categoryid=126

I had the same problem with the scanner on my X215 , contacted Lexmark (through website) and they sent me an email showing how to fix the problem. Works fine now!

Can you include your email from LExmark

I called Lexmark and they just told me there was no driver, and none was planned.

Can you please include your reply from lexmark so I can fix my problem with the x215.

thanks,
    Warren

Here is the entire email, Hope it fixes your problem:

Here are the steps for the install for the X215 for printing and scanning.
    As your printer is currently working in terrms of printing ignore the steps for the printer driver install.
    Refer to the scanning aspect only.
    Here is the solution: How to Install the X215 All-In-One (AIO) in Microsoft Windows Vista
    Purpose
    This article explains how to install the X215 Windows XP printer driver on a computer running Windows Vista.

Before you begin

The article assumes that you are using web-downloaded print and scan driver software. The software package names are as follows:

Print driver - Lex_X215_WinXP_en
    Scan driver - Lex_X215_WinScan_en
    NOTE: This software is available on Lexmark.com under Drivers and Downloads. Installing from the provided installation CD is optional.

Here is the link for the drivers :

http://downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-per...os_group=WinXP

1. Connect the printer's USB cable to an available USB port on the PC.
    2. Power the printer on.
    3. Click Cancel when the Found New Hardware wizard appears, and follow the procedure in the table.
    Installing the X215 XP driver in Windows Vista: Procedure:
    Step Action Illustration
    1 Double-click on Lex_X215_WinXP_en. ...
    2 When you see Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard..., click Next. ...
    3 The Location to Save Files will populate automatically with a default directory location for the extracted driver files (for example, c:\lexmark\Drivers\etc).
    NOTE: It is useful, but not necessary, to take a note of the directory name.
    4 (observation) After the extraction of the driver files, the Printer Wizard Information window will appear with the following instructions:
    Follow the instructions on the Windows Printer Wizard.
    On the screen where you are asked to identify the printer manufacturer and printer model, click the Have Disk... button.
    In the Install From Disk dialog box, enter
    C:\LEXMARK\DRIVER\ENGLISH\PRINT\ADDPRINT\WINXP......,
    and then click OK. This path is also listed in the Copy manufacturers files from pull-down menu.
    These instructions will remain until the Printer Wizard has completed installation.
    NOTE: It is recommended not to close this window until driver installation is complete. Image
    5 The Windows Printer Wizard will appear. For this example, select Add a local printer and ignore the USB reference below it.
    Optional: Select Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer (e.g. direct IP printing, network print queues - \\computername\printername, etc).
    6 Choose a printer port will appear.
    Select Use an existing port, scroll down the list of available ports, and select USB00# (virtual printer port for USB).

# represents 1-?; however. many ports are available for printing.
    7 Click Next. Image
    8 Following the Printer Wizard Information outlined in Step 4, it is recommended to click the down arrow next to Copy manufacturers files from, select the install path displayed (i.e. C:\LEXMARK\DRIVER\ENGLISH\PRINT\ADDPRINT\WINXP......), and click OK.
    Optional: Manually enter the full directory path mentioned in Step 4, or browse to the directory path by clicking Browse.
    9 Highlight the printer by selecting it, and click Next. Image
    10 The Printer name will appear. Click Next.

Optional: Enter a different printer name, and uncheck Set as the default printer. Image
    11 Observe Installing printer... Image
    12 Click Install this software anyway when the Windows Security screen appears. Image
    13 Upon completion, you can select Print a test page. Image
    14 Immediately following the test page, you will see a Program Compatibility Assistant stating This program might not have been installed properly.
    Click This program installed properly.
    15 You may experience another notification balloon indicating Device driver software was not successfully installed. This will disappear after the next reboot of the machine.
    NOTE: If a Found New Hardware Wizard appears on reboot, click Next and Windows will finalize the installation.

Optional installation path: Installing the software before connecting the printer is acceptable if you are having difficulties with this installation method.

Procedure: Scan Driver Installation
    1. Right-click on Lex_X215_WinScan_en. Click here for an image.
    2. Click Properties.
    3. Click the Compatibility tab and place a checkmark next to Run this program in compatibility mode for (Windows XP SP2). Click here for an image.
    4. Click Apply, and OK.
    5. Double-click on Lex_X215_WinScan_en to install the software.

NOTE: The scanner is not Plug-N-Play; however, you will be asked to restart the machine after installation of this software. Also, after the Twain drivers for the X215 are installed, the scanner will not be displayed under Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Scanners and Cameras. Only Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) devices are displayed her

David Panetta
    PSSD & CPD Support
    Australia & New Zealand
    Lexmark International (Australia) Pty Limited
    PH: 1300 362 192
    Last edited by ace13; 28-09-2007 at 01:25 AM.

X215 Resolved

David,

Thanks very much. I had previously tried substituting the winXP driver and did pretty much the same but it did not work.

I uninstalled and reinstalled following your instructions , but for just installing the printer driver did not work. I had to also install the scanner driver and then Vista successfully printed on the X215.

Thanks again,
    Warren

Quote Originally Posted by ace13 View Post
    I had the same problem with the scanner on my X215 , contacted Lexmark (through website) and they sent me an email showing how to fix the problem. Works fine now!

Dear Ace,
    any chance you could share the solution? I have upgraded my computer to Windows 7 and would hate to throw out my X215!
    Thanks. Greg321

Successfully installed printer and scanner on my Windows 7!
    However, my scanner refuses to remember the settings - always restarts with a full color mode and custom miniscule scan area.
    Saving the settings and restoring them dont have any effect.

Any idea how I could make it remember my last settings?
    Thanks