Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: quicktime 7 error 2738

  1. #1
    Mario Guest

    quicktime 7 error 2738

    I'm running vista home premium and have itunes.Recently i got the
    notification to upgrade quicktime to 7,but every time i try i get the error
    2738. Any solutions? Should i just ignore it? Any help will be appreciated.

    Mario

  2. #2
    Pat DiScala Guest

    Re: quicktime 7 error 2738

    Mario wrote:
    > I'm running vista home premium and have itunes.Recently i got the
    > notification to upgrade quicktime to 7,but every time i try i get the error
    > 2738. Any solutions? Should i just ignore it? Any help will be appreciated.
    >
    > Mario


    I get the same error message and can't update to Quicktime 7.16

  3. #3
    Mario Guest

    Re: quicktime 7 error 2738

    Is it possible that there's nobody out there that can help us?

    "Pat DiScala" wrote:

    > Mario wrote:
    > > I'm running vista home premium and have itunes.Recently i got the
    > > notification to upgrade quicktime to 7,but every time i try i get the error
    > > 2738. Any solutions? Should i just ignore it? Any help will be appreciated.
    > >
    > > Mario

    >
    > I get the same error message and can't update to Quicktime 7.16
    >


  4. #4
    Mr. Arnold Guest

    Re: quicktime 7 error 2738


    "Mario" <Mario@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:853C0031-A1C9-4939-B991-DE02EFC55987@microsoft.com...
    > Is it possible that there's nobody out there that can help us?
    >
    > "Pat DiScala" wrote:
    >
    >> Mario wrote:
    >> > I'm running vista home premium and have itunes.Recently i got the
    >> > notification to upgrade quicktime to 7,but every time i try i get the
    >> > error
    >> > 2738. Any solutions? Should i just ignore it? Any help will be
    >> > appreciated.
    >> >
    >> > Mario

    >>
    >> I get the same error message and can't update to Quicktime 7.16
    >>



    You can try the last solution, if the VBscript.dll, which is there in the
    same location on Vista as it is on XP, is not registered is to enable it,
    using Regsvr32.

    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304405

    However, I would say the Quicktime installer using the VBscript is not
    compatible with Vista's VBscript.dll.

    You should contact Quicktime for a possible workaround.


  5. #5
    Mario Guest

    Re: quicktime 7 error 2738


    Thank you Mr.Arnold
    "Mr. Arnold" wrote:

    >
    > "Mario" <Mario@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > news:853C0031-A1C9-4939-B991-DE02EFC55987@microsoft.com...
    > > Is it possible that there's nobody out there that can help us?
    > >
    > > "Pat DiScala" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Mario wrote:
    > >> > I'm running vista home premium and have itunes.Recently i got the
    > >> > notification to upgrade quicktime to 7,but every time i try i get the
    > >> > error
    > >> > 2738. Any solutions? Should i just ignore it? Any help will be
    > >> > appreciated.
    > >> >
    > >> > Mario
    > >>
    > >> I get the same error message and can't update to Quicktime 7.16
    > >>

    >
    >
    > You can try the last solution, if the VBscript.dll, which is there in the
    > same location on Vista as it is on XP, is not registered is to enable it,
    > using Regsvr32.
    >
    > http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304405
    >
    > However, I would say the Quicktime installer using the VBscript is not
    > compatible with Vista's VBscript.dll.
    >
    > You should contact Quicktime for a possible workaround.
    >


  6. #6
    Mario Guest

    Re: quicktime 7 error 2738

    Tryed to look for that file,but i can't find it. Any idea?

    "Mr. Arnold" wrote:

    >
    > "Mario" <Mario@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > news:853C0031-A1C9-4939-B991-DE02EFC55987@microsoft.com...
    > > Is it possible that there's nobody out there that can help us?
    > >
    > > "Pat DiScala" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Mario wrote:
    > >> > I'm running vista home premium and have itunes.Recently i got the
    > >> > notification to upgrade quicktime to 7,but every time i try i get the
    > >> > error
    > >> > 2738. Any solutions? Should i just ignore it? Any help will be
    > >> > appreciated.
    > >> >
    > >> > Mario
    > >>
    > >> I get the same error message and can't update to Quicktime 7.16
    > >>

    >
    >
    > You can try the last solution, if the VBscript.dll, which is there in the
    > same location on Vista as it is on XP, is not registered is to enable it,
    > using Regsvr32.
    >
    > http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304405
    >
    > However, I would say the Quicktime installer using the VBscript is not
    > compatible with Vista's VBscript.dll.
    >
    > You should contact Quicktime for a possible workaround.
    >


  7. #7
    Mario Guest

    Re: quicktime 7 error 2738

    I did find my vbscript.dll file and the version is 5.7.0.6000 .The link you
    sent me is for windows xp and file version 5.6 .

    "Mr. Arnold" wrote:

    >
    > "Mario" <Mario@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > news:853C0031-A1C9-4939-B991-DE02EFC55987@microsoft.com...
    > > Is it possible that there's nobody out there that can help us?
    > >
    > > "Pat DiScala" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Mario wrote:
    > >> > I'm running vista home premium and have itunes.Recently i got the
    > >> > notification to upgrade quicktime to 7,but every time i try i get the
    > >> > error
    > >> > 2738. Any solutions? Should i just ignore it? Any help will be
    > >> > appreciated.
    > >> >
    > >> > Mario
    > >>
    > >> I get the same error message and can't update to Quicktime 7.16
    > >>

    >
    >
    > You can try the last solution, if the VBscript.dll, which is there in the
    > same location on Vista as it is on XP, is not registered is to enable it,
    > using Regsvr32.
    >
    > http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304405
    >
    > However, I would say the Quicktime installer using the VBscript is not
    > compatible with Vista's VBscript.dll.
    >
    > You should contact Quicktime for a possible workaround.
    >


  8. #8
    Mr. Arnold Guest

    Re: quicktime 7 error 2738


    "Mario" <Mario@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:E68A0F38-7FFC-47D1-ABEB-716AF32128D2@microsoft.com...
    >I did find my vbscript.dll file and the version is 5.7.0.6000 .The link you
    > sent me is for windows xp and file version 5.6 .
    >


    It's the principle of the that solution where it gives instructions to
    register the Dll with the XP O/S to enable it, if it's not enabled. That's
    what you need to look at and understand, when trying to apply a possible
    solution.

    Both XP and Vista are NT based O/S(s), they have the same Dll/file in both
    places, and they have the same command Regsvr32 to register that Dll.

    So what that the Dll's are two different version running on two different NT
    based O/S?

    I suggest that you go to the Command Prompt off of All Programs Accessories
    and do the Run As Administer on the Command Prompt by right-clicking the
    line.

    And when you 're at the Command Prompt, you enter that command below
    verbatim.


    regsvr32 %SystemRoot%\system32\vbscript.dll

    <copied from link provided>
    1.. regsvr32 %SystemRoot%\system32\vbscript.dll
    2.. A message should appear stating that the "DllRegisterServer in
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\vbscript.dll succeeded."
    3.. Click OK and try installing iTunes or QuickTime again.
    <end copy>

    If the solution doesn't correct the problem, then you need to contact
    QuickTime for a possible workaround or ask them when are the going to have
    something that's Vista compatible.

    All you're doing is issuing commands to the O/S to register that dll if it's
    not registered.

    I hope you understand here what's happening when a solution from one version
    of the NT based O/S can be applied to another version of the NT based O/S.





  9. #9
    Pat DiScala Guest

    Re: quicktime 7 error 2738

    When I registered vbscript.dll I got an error message but when I went to
    install quicktime it worked. I was also was able to install an ie7
    plugin highight viewer which also had the same 2738 error.

    Thanks for the info

    Mr. Arnold wrote:

    >
    > "Mario" <Mario@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > news:E68A0F38-7FFC-47D1-ABEB-716AF32128D2@microsoft.com...
    >> I did find my vbscript.dll file and the version is 5.7.0.6000 .The
    >> link you
    >> sent me is for windows xp and file version 5.6 .
    >>

    >
    > It's the principle of the that solution where it gives instructions to
    > register the Dll with the XP O/S to enable it, if it's not enabled.
    > That's what you need to look at and understand, when trying to apply a
    > possible solution.
    >
    > Both XP and Vista are NT based O/S(s), they have the same Dll/file in
    > both places, and they have the same command Regsvr32 to register that Dll.
    >
    > So what that the Dll's are two different version running on two
    > different NT based O/S?
    >
    > I suggest that you go to the Command Prompt off of All Programs
    > Accessories and do the Run As Administer on the Command Prompt by
    > right-clicking the line.
    >
    > And when you 're at the Command Prompt, you enter that command below
    > verbatim.
    >
    >
    > regsvr32 %SystemRoot%\system32\vbscript.dll
    >
    > <copied from link provided>
    > 1.. regsvr32 %SystemRoot%\system32\vbscript.dll
    > 2.. A message should appear stating that the "DllRegisterServer in
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\vbscript.dll succeeded."
    > 3.. Click OK and try installing iTunes or QuickTime again.
    > <end copy>
    >
    > If the solution doesn't correct the problem, then you need to contact
    > QuickTime for a possible workaround or ask them when are the going to
    > have something that's Vista compatible.
    >
    > All you're doing is issuing commands to the O/S to register that dll if
    > it's not registered.
    >
    > I hope you understand here what's happening when a solution from one
    > version of the NT based O/S can be applied to another version of the NT
    > based O/S.
    >
    >
    >
    >


  10. #10
    Mario Guest

    Re: quicktime 7 error 2738

    Thank you for your info, your solution works.

    "Pat DiScala" wrote:

    > When I registered vbscript.dll I got an error message but when I went to
    > install quicktime it worked. I was also was able to install an ie7
    > plugin highight viewer which also had the same 2738 error.
    >
    > Thanks for the info
    >
    > Mr. Arnold wrote:
    >
    > >
    > > "Mario" <Mario@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > news:E68A0F38-7FFC-47D1-ABEB-716AF32128D2@microsoft.com...
    > >> I did find my vbscript.dll file and the version is 5.7.0.6000 .The
    > >> link you
    > >> sent me is for windows xp and file version 5.6 .
    > >>

    > >
    > > It's the principle of the that solution where it gives instructions to
    > > register the Dll with the XP O/S to enable it, if it's not enabled.
    > > That's what you need to look at and understand, when trying to apply a
    > > possible solution.
    > >
    > > Both XP and Vista are NT based O/S(s), they have the same Dll/file in
    > > both places, and they have the same command Regsvr32 to register that Dll.
    > >
    > > So what that the Dll's are two different version running on two
    > > different NT based O/S?
    > >
    > > I suggest that you go to the Command Prompt off of All Programs
    > > Accessories and do the Run As Administer on the Command Prompt by
    > > right-clicking the line.
    > >
    > > And when you 're at the Command Prompt, you enter that command below
    > > verbatim.
    > >
    > >
    > > regsvr32 %SystemRoot%\system32\vbscript.dll
    > >
    > > <copied from link provided>
    > > 1.. regsvr32 %SystemRoot%\system32\vbscript.dll
    > > 2.. A message should appear stating that the "DllRegisterServer in
    > > C:\WINDOWS\system32\vbscript.dll succeeded."
    > > 3.. Click OK and try installing iTunes or QuickTime again.
    > > <end copy>
    > >
    > > If the solution doesn't correct the problem, then you need to contact
    > > QuickTime for a possible workaround or ask them when are the going to
    > > have something that's Vista compatible.
    > >
    > > All you're doing is issuing commands to the O/S to register that dll if
    > > it's not registered.
    > >
    > > I hope you understand here what's happening when a solution from one
    > > version of the NT based O/S can be applied to another version of the NT
    > > based O/S.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >

    >


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1

    Re: quicktime 7 error 2738

    Who ever posted the instructions about how to resolve the error 2738...

    You are a God sent!!!

    Jc

Similar Threads

  1. Unable to install Skype due to error code 2738
    By !Saral! in forum Technology & Internet
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 15-10-2011, 10:28 AM
  2. Internal Error 2738
    By urgaffel in forum Operating Systems
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-04-2011, 03:10 PM
  3. Error code 2738 while installing Quicktime or iTunes on Vista
    By CaspaR in forum Vista Setup and Install
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-01-2009, 10:32 PM
  4. error 2738
    By Prof_lou in forum Vista Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2008, 10:22 PM
  5. error 2738 vbscript
    By Pumpaction in forum Vista Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-05-2007, 05:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •