Thread: Windows Vista system shutdown unexpectedly due to bsod

Windows Vista system shutdown unexpectedly due to bsod

I had installed Window Vista in my system. The setup was OK and it worked for some hours. I was installing a game due to which I face crash error on my screen. The system crashed with bluescreen. I checked in event viewer. There was no file mentioned which has caused this problem. I do not have any clue to fix this problem. How can I find which thing is causing this problem in the backend. Thanks.

There is a error reporting service in Windows Vista which will help you to deal with the problem. Just send a error report and then check back. It might work well. If there is no detailed error mentioned in Event Viewer, then I doubtful that it might work. There are some dmp file scanner. This are the file which is created by bluescreen and it contains detailed information on the system issues. You can check the same out.

You had mentioned that your system has worked for few time. That simply means there is some incompatible application or driver which is causing the issue. You must properly check which driver file or software is causing the issue. Try this. Re-install Vista and then one by one install each and every drive. Test the machine for few hours. Then go with your application stuff. It looks the game that you are trying to install is not proper and causing the crash.

Verify the dump file. It is located in C:\Windows\Minidump. There is a dmp file that has information on the error. You can download some utilities or software that will give you clear idea on how to troubleshoot the system. If you find that complicated then it better you go with slow process by manually verifying each and every stuff in your system. There are chances that your system might fail instantly due to some corrupt file. When you are installing any software or drive ensure that you are going with the right edition. It must be 32 or 64 bit.

I had faced a bluescreen issue recently. I am using a Vista 64bit system. I had purchased a DVR which came with usb cable. In connect it asked me for the drivers. I installed the one from disc that came with the camera. But after installation the system was just unstable. I had removed the camera from Device Manager and the system started working fine. There is not issue at all. I am not able to locate any working Vista drivers for it.

Can you please help me with my problem. I constantly get the BSOD but I can't see the error because the computer immediatly restarts. What I can see after the restart is Vista giving some report which I will paste now:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: 1000000a
    BCP1: C4926D24
    BCP2: 00000002
    BCP3: 00000001
    BCP4: 826F5693
    OS Version: 6_0_6001
    Service Pack: 1_0