Thread: "Right Click, Send to Mail Recipient" does not open e-mail window

"Right Click, Send to Mail Recipient" does not open e-mail window

I am not able to send a email by direct right clicking on the same. I had some new photos in a folder. Before I just have to right click on the photo and click on Send To > Email. Outlook loads up and the attachment appears automatically. I just need to add the sending address and done. The mail goes and the window disappears. Now when I try to attach any document or photo nothing happens. The attachment does not appears nor the email window is visible. By default email client is Outlook. How can I restore this thing back.

Re: "Right Click, Send to Mail Recipient" does not open e-mail window

Looks like problem with Default Program association. You can fix that from Control Panel. Such issue normally appears after installing fresh Windows Updates. Do this, go in Control Panel and look for Default Programs. In that click on Set Program Access and defaults. Now there will be a custom button next to Mail. Check that Outlook is selected as the default one. If not then choose it manually and click on OK. Reboot your system one time and then check back. You need admin access to make changes.

Re: "Right Click, Send to Mail Recipient" does not open e-mail win

Thanks for that reply. But I forget to mention one thing here. I had setup my email accounts in Outlook 2007. This is the default mail client I am using and the same is listed under Default Program. There is nothing else selected. I had checked and I am not able to get the right cure for this issue. Does this problem lies with Office 2007 in Windows Vista. I was working fine but suddenly it stopped working. You are right, there were some fresh updates installed recently. But I think that is not the cost of this problem.

Do one thing. Go on Control Panel again and click on Internet Options. In that you can find the option to set default program for number of things. Like for web surfing you can assign a default web browser. Ensure that Outlook is selected as your default mail client. It looks Windows Update has changed your default mail client to Windows Mail which is giving you this issue. There must be some error if Vista is unable to launch the client. If this all stuff does not work go for System Restore.

Re: "Right Click, Send to Mail Recipient" does not open e-mail win

Before system restore do one thing. Go on Control Panel and click on Set your Default programs. In that if Outlook is selected as default mail client change that to Windows Mail. Now restart your computer. Again go on the same section and change that Outlook. Ensure that Microsoft Outlook is working and it is downloading all the mails. You can check that manually by launching it. If that does not load up or your system freezes then it looks issue with Microsoft Office. You have to run a Repair setup through Office installation disc.

Thanks a lot for the answer. It worked for me. I do not require to run the Repair setup. I had first changed the mail program to Windows Mail and then to Outlook back. After launching Outlook it is working well. I had stopped using the right click thing from long time as it was not giving me any response. It looks after fresh updates your Windows settings are changed which are not easy to restore.

I am going through the same issue. I had worked a few hours to fix that out but still stucked. I will mention the steps that I did basically to get rid of this problem. I mail my Office files via Right click option. It was failed to respond for a while. First I had made changes in Default program by settings. I had removed the check mark for Windows Mail from this section. Because if it is checked it will enable Windows Mail as mail client for sending and receiving emails. Second in the same section after removing the check mark the program is removed. It happens after a proper restart. Now once Windows Mail is removed you can then choose Outlook as the only and default client in your system. Then I had made changes to the default file association by settings Outlook as only program to run .eml file type. Windows mail was selected here before. Due to this reason also, Outlook does not launch by right click > send to. I had made the same changes in Internet Option also. The last step was a bit messy. Now when everything is done, I hope to get a email ready with attachment when I right click on any file. It was the easiest and fastest way to send mails.

I had configured Windows Mail as my default email client. But I am facing error related to sending mails through it. Then I had configured Outlook express and all my emails ids are stored in address book. I expect to get them by default while sending emails. I tried to use a bit older version of Outlook that I use on XP. But I receive straight error saying that you cannot install that in Vista. Even when all default programs are associated with Outlook still there is no way I can work to send mails by simple right click > send to option.

Ramesh - You are a wonder-----

I had the same problem and did as you suggested and it worked for me the first time! (After I had suffered for two months with the inability to send email pages....May his face shine upon you! Regards Catchbull in Australia

I have a similar problem but with a twist... In Windows Explorer, when I go to a file and click the right mouse button for the Send To function, I don't even get the "Mail Recipient" option to even open Outlook Office... this feature always worked for me until yesterday and I've tried the suggestions on this site but nothing worked... I get Fax Recipient, and Blue Tooth and all the other but not Mail Recipient... Any ideas...

Quote Originally Posted by gbehrend View Post
    I have a similar problem but with a twist... In Windows Explorer, when I go to a file and click the right mouse button for the Send To function, I don't even get the "Mail Recipient" option to even open Outlook Office... this feature always worked for me until yesterday and I've tried the suggestions on this site but nothing worked... I get Fax Recipient, and Blue Tooth and all the other but not Mail Recipient... Any ideas...
    Somehow it seems to have been disappeared from your system, what you can do is - go to Start and then in Run option just type in: regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. Check if the problem of Right Click Menu Mail Recipient has been solved?

I tried your suggestions but get the following pop-up...

Regsvr32
    The module "shimgvw.dll" was loaded but the
    entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.

Make sure that "shimgvw.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and try again.

I did a searched on my machine and found shimgvw.dll, but I did not open it or know of a way to verify if it's good or corrupt...
    GB

I tried your suggestions but get the following pop-up...

Regsvr32
    The module "shimgvw.dll" was loaded but the
    entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.

Make sure that "shimgvw.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and try again.

I did a searched on my machine and found shimgvw.dll, but I did not open it or know of a way to verify if it's good or corrupt...

Can you try to go to Start and then Run:

regsvr32 /i shimgvw.dll

This error that you are getting seems to be related wih Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. What is the operating system you have installed?

I am using Windows 7 Enterprise, SP1, 64 bit OS, with Microsoft Office Outlook...

I tried your suggestion, regsvr32 /i shimgvw.dll but get the same error message...

I am using Windows 7 Enterprise, SP1, 64 bit OS, with Microsoft Office Outlook...

I tried your suggestion, regsvr32 /i shimgvw.dll but get the same error message...
    I assume that you have some corrupted files in your windows 7 pc. Try the following steps: Open Command Prmopt (Start > Accesories > Command Line/Command Prompt) > Type in the command "Sfc /scannow" Without the quotes. It should then scan the system files and attempt to repair them. If that doesnt work then try to create another account and check if you are getting similar problems or not.