Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Help
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Media Player 11 for Vista stutters playing audio

Vista Help

Old 28-04-2007

Media Player 11 for Vista stutters playing audio

I am using Windows Vista Home Premium and prefer Windows Media Player as my default player for all Audio and Video files. I have created several playlist and kept the Shuffle ON. While playing a song, it works fine until the lat 10 seconds, but in those last few seconds, it starts stuttering and jumb. Seems like the next song is preparing to come and hence last 10 seconds become annoying.

Is this normal behavior? I dont think so. Any help will be appreciated.

Old 02-05-2007

Re: Media Player 11 for Vista stutters playing audio

Nope, obviously it is not the normal behavior. Here are some steps which you should try out and see if it helps:
  • Right-click on the Speaker icon in the system tray
  • select Playback Devices
  • right-click Speakers in that new dialog
  • Go to Properties
  • Click Enhancements
  • Choose "Disable All Enhancements"

Thats it. Your problem should be fixed. And if not, you should try updating your Sound drivers. As far as i know Dell/Sigmatel do have a driver update which could fix your problem for sure.
Old 03-05-2007

Thank you very much for your valuable help Miltongomes. Removing the sound enhancement really worked. Now the Audios work fine until the last second. Secondly as you stated about the drivers, i tried a new driver from Dell but that didn't helped, so the sound enhancements are staying off.
Old 28-05-2007

Thanks you, Miltongomes - I had the exact same problem & your first suggestion worked for me.
Old 26-06-2007

I have tried both fixes and still have the problem - any ideas?
Old 26-06-2007

Hello bhgroom. Can you tell me which sound card are you using? Also did you tried turning off the Enhancement and updating the drivers properly? If yes and still facing the problem then problem there is some problem with your Sound Card itself.
Old 26-06-2007

After switching the machine off over night and using it again this morning the roblem has been fixed (i had restarted previously) :)
Old 16-07-2008

Hey even i was trying to figure out this issue with WMP 11 since past two weeks. Finally the solution mentioned above worked for me. Now everything is working perfectly. Thanx
Old 04-10-2011

Thanks for that, "Disable All Enhancements" worked a treat, problem solved

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Help
Tags: , ,