Thread: Microphone not Detected on Windows Vista

Microphone not Detected on Windows Vista

I am using Windows Vista, and I need a tiny help here. I have a Logitech mic. It had purchased that with speaker. I can here sound, but I cannot record anything. I had performed some mic test to record Audio, but there is no response. It looks the mic is not detected at all in Vista. I thought the mic will be detected as a plug and play device. Then Vista will install drivers and that's all. My job is done. I would be able to use the Mic. I have a Asus motherboard and all drivers is updated. When sound is working then surely the mic will also work. Does there is something I am missing here.

The issue does not look like with driver. It can be due to the default sound device not configured properly. For that go in Sound in Control Pane. In Sound click on Recording Tab. Just check that your Mic is detected here. If this is grayed out then either your mic is faulty or your driver is not proper. You have to set your mic as a default recording device here. Now in Microphone Properties click on Levels and adjust the volume.

Re: Microphone not Detected on Windows Vista

I did the same as you said. After going on Recording tab of Sound I cannot see anything selected by default there. I had use Microphone Wizard to setup it. But at last I am getting a error saying that the check whether hardware is working or not.

Try new drivers. Ensure that your had connected the mic to right pin. There are two different connectors for audio in and audio out. If possible test the mic is other working computer. I am having doubt on that. If it is working then your onboard sound device is not proper. You have to bit some amount and buy a external sound card. That would be quiet helpful in many ways.

I am sure your mic is not working. Because one it is connected it appears in the Sound in Control Panel. You need the right driver to record audio. Did you receive any installation CD with the mic. If not then visit the official site and look for drivers. You might locate a download there. Check that the volume for Audio in is set to maximum. You have to click on Volume butt in system tray and then click on option to find volume level for Audio in. You can check that in advance options.

The solution for VISTA was to go in and delete all of the drivers. Go to control panel>System and Maintenance>Device Manager>Sound and Video Game Controllers> Then uninstall all the drivers in this category including the Blue Tooth Hands Free Audio and Blue Tooth Stereo Audio and the High Definition Audio Device.
    Next plug microphone into front jack of the Dell XPS 420.
    Next restart computer while connected to internet. In my case the drivers were properly loaded and the microphone worked for the first time in 4 years.
    Good luck