Thread: Blue Screen Stop Code 124

Blue Screen Stop Code 124

I am facing some serious problem with my recently installed Windows Vista Ultimate system. It is running on Intel Core 2 Duo E6300, Intel DG965WH mobo, 2GB RAM, On board sound and graphic, and updated with all recent patches from windows update. There are some external devices connected like Maxtor 100 GB external HDD for backup, HP 6L Printer with parallel port, modem card.

Now the problem i am facing is i get a Bluescreen about 10 times a day with the following error code:
    BCCode: 124
    BCP1: 00000000
    BCP2: 83E0D560
    BCP3: B2000000
    BCP4: 00000175
    OS Version: 6_0_6000
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 256_1

As per troubleshooting i have several thing so far but nothing had helped. I tried disabling on-board graphic card and installed an nVidia graphic card, no success. Tried changing RAM slots, even tried changing the RAM stick but yet the same results. Ran Scan Disk and fix, Ran memtest86, even changed the motherboard with same model but yet the bluscreen appears. Finally i lost after re-installing Windows Vista three times and still receive BSOD.

Now i have no ideas left to workout. Hope anyone here can tell me where is the problem.

Re: Blue Screen Stop Code 124

Most probably there is any driver which is crashing the system. The one i suspect is the Sound driver. Hence what i can suggest you is disable the sound card, now go to creatives official site, search for Vista compatible drivers for your Creative card and install. See if still you getting BSOD.

I appreciate your help Kristaps. I have already tried disabling onboard sound and updated drivers from Creative site for the new creative card. I used the Vista driver from Creative website but still it gives me BSOD.

Any other suggestion please? Thanks again.

Seems like something is wrong in BIOS itself. Can you just check if your Audio is set to Auto. If yes, try disabling it from there. If it was set on Auto then this was creating the Blue Screen because you cannot use 2 Audio Devices at the same time, whether internal and one that is installed in your PCI slot. Hope it helps.

Thank you Jacob for the help attempt but i have already tied that as well before posting my problem here. Onboard audio is already disabled, later i installed the PCi one and then installed its drivers from manufacturer's official website. No success, yet the same BSOD.

But let me tell you that you were correct to some extent because while troubleshooting yesterday i uninstalled my Creative Sound Card as well as disabled the onboard Audio from BIOS. That means there is no sound on my PC and guess what, so far i haven't received a single BSOD thereafter.

Any idea what problem Windows Vista has with Sounds?

In XP you can use both the audio onboard and the pci card. You switch between them by going to the Control Panel and selecting Sound...Sometimes you have to log out and back in, before they switch. You may want to check out some of the Linux Live CD. It sounds (pun) that you are having way too many problems with Vista.

Try disabling the second processor during installation. Worked for my Toshiba install. Install all drivers from Toshiba website and restart. Then re-enable second processor.

The 124 stop error code in this case is a memory voltage problem. Crucial memory needs 2.1v in this case.