Thread: How to restore default after increasing 'increaseuserva'

How to restore default after increasing 'increaseuserva'

To modify the existing settings of increaseuserva I had used BCDEdit. I just want to play some good game and I did the modification. It worked fine. But I do not know the process to go back. How can I restore the settings of increaseuserva to default. I do not find any default options inside BCDEdit for that. What if I delete the entire entry. Will that cause a issue. I do not want spoil the working system.

Re: How to restore default after increasing 'increaseuserva'

You can try that. It will work I think. Wipe out the old entry and add the default that was before. Did you know what was the default size allocated before.

Somehow I will not recommend to make changes. There are possibilities of dead system. What I know about this is that is typically used by webservers on those system which lack a bit good hardware support. And increasing increaseuserva really does not put any much affect. If a program is designed to work with 2GB User address space only then even after making it 3GB will not add performance or make changes to program output. It will still use the same allocated space. Ample of time I had seen whoever tries to increase the same faces a non boot system. Atleast your system is working. Leave it just like this.

Thanks for the reply. The game that I was playing has tons of bugs and I hope the developer would give a quick fix. I had contacted them to provide me a better support on it. Somehow I will not make any changes but still I had left 1GB of RAM for the kernal to work fine and let the system boot properly. I had made changes only to extent that was needed. It is right that going above that would surely create a issue.

But how can you find what your default is?? My ram has 3GB and I changed the usage to 2.5GB so I could play shogun 2 total war without any bugs, but now I want to change it back to default, but I don't know what the default is!
    Somebody help please :(

This can be done via command in cmd. Run cmd as administrator first. Then you will need run IncreaseUserVA to set the virtual address space. It can be done by following command - bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 3072. Here 3072 is the memory size used. Once you get the message that the operation is initiated properly then type bcedit to find that changes are made properly. Do not forget to reboot your pc.