Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Help
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

On logon balloon : "you have files waiting to be burned to disc"

Vista Help

Closed Thread

Old 16-03-2007

On logon balloon : "you have files waiting to be burned to disc"

Hi, i have a Windows Vista running Toshiba laptop. Since last few days whenever i start the laptop i balloon pop up comes up saying: "You have files waiting to be burned to disc". When i click this pop up it opens a Window showing up empty g: drive with a message to place writable dvd.

Let me tell you that this G Drive is the DVD reader so i dont know how can we write DVD from here. I am not sure but i guess there maybe some files in cache to write on the g: drive which is making the pop up appear every time. What you guys think? If yes, then where can i find this cache? Also is there any alternate working solution to get rid of this balloon pop up? It is getting annoying day by day.

Many thanks.

Old 16-03-2007

Re: On logon balloon : "you have files waiting to be burned to disc"

When you click the balloon it should open the window listed with all files waiting to be burned, right? You just need to select all those files and delete them. Thats it. There will be no more files waiting for write neither the pop up will appear.
Old 17-03-2007

Re: On logon balloon : "you have files waiting to be burned to dis

Appreciate your help Jigu but as i said above the problem is when i click the balloon, it opens an Empty Window, there are no files. And as soon as i close the window the dialog that tells to insert a writable dvd/cd.

What and where is wrong?
Old 19-03-2007

Hello SaAaTa. Just delete each and every thing from the temporary files found in: C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn

It will fix the issue permanently.
Old 13-07-2010

hi all, i am having problem with cd burning, it says ...in progress ...but later D drive is not recog any cd in and i cant open it , and also i got this message that windows cannot complete formatting .. please please help ......
Old 10-04-2011

That did it for me! Thanks.
Closed Thread

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Help
Tags: , , , ,