View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

Hey guys I am facing some critical issues with my Windows Vista system and need an urgent help. Since last few days no matter I am working on this system or it is in ideal Mode, I usually keep getting Blue Screen with the following error message:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    Technical Information
    0x000000D1 (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000008, 0x00000000)
    Collecting data for crash dump
    Initializing disk for crash dump
    Event ID41 Kernel-Power
    Exception Type:
    System.Runtime,InteropServices.COMException
    I found many articles on web as well as in this newsgroup with the above mentioned error message but nothing had helped me to get rid of the problem so far. Can anyone please tell me in simple language what is causing the problem and how can I get rid of the same? Many Thanks.

Re: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I had exactly the same error couple of months ago on my Windows XP running computer. After lots of troubleshooting finally i came to know that the problem was with my Nvidia Graphic's driver. I was actually using two drivers for the same.

I simply uninstalled the card, removed all its drivers and ran disc cleanup. Later installed it back, download the most recent driver from Nvidia website and installed. Now every thing is working fine so far. Not a single BSOD thereafter. SO probably it is any of the driver installed on your computer. You need to check them.

Re: STOP 0x00000d1 driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

Yeah, i too agree with the same. It is very likely driver conflict.. You should try updating audio and network drivers and see if that helps. For more help you can check this MS Article describing: You receive a STOP 0xD1 error message

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL help me?

Need a a similar help guys. I am having a brand new HP Pavilion notebook dv6000 running with Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005. It worked very fine so far but dont know what went wrong suddenly,. now i get a Blue screen in every thirty minutes. When checked the Event Viewer log i found ERROR 7011 timeout service NVSvc. What kind of service is that?

On Verifier.exe i found ERROR ***stop I/O verification system error in HIDCLASS.SYS but when i record on MCE 2005 and it crash and blue screen appare it say:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    ***stop: 0x000000D1
    USBEHCI.SYS datestamp 44462419

any idea what all these errors are related to? Is there any official patch available from MS to get rid of this error?

Hello ERWAN. Did you made any changes to the system such as installing or uninstalling any program, enabling or disabling any service? Or did you installed any thing from Windows Update? Any kind of changes? If yes, then roll it back and problem should be fixed. You can do that manually or simply by performing system restore to a point created on earlier date of the problem started.

But if you have not done any changes and the BSOD started appearing itself then you will need to adjust the RAM timings on that machine. If so try reducing the clock speed on the RAM. If that fixes the problem then the RAM is defective and you need to return the machine for repair.Hope it helps.

Probably this is due to faulty memory. How many sticks do you have on your system? If more than one try removing one, If that does not work swap the one removed for another. For more information on the same you can check this: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms795930.aspx

Re: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL help me?

AT last the complete reformat and re installation of the OS may be the ultimate solution. But that should be the last option and in such cases you should BackUp everything you can... using Copying/Archiving techniques rather than Drive-Cloning/Imaging Software.... and take a plunge. Anyways, talking about the errors USBEHCI.SYS, you should search for "USBEHCI" on your System. You will probably find it under C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers folder as well as C:\WINDOWS\I386\USBEHCI.SY_ and in extractable form in C:\WINDOWS\I386\SP2.CAB.

Simply delete the current file from C:\WINDOWS\system32. Then, assuming your system drive is c:, either:
    a) Run "expand c:\windows\i386\USBEHCI.SY_
    c:\windows\system32\drivers\USBEHCI.SYS", or
    b) DoubleClick c:\windows\i386\sp2.cab\usbehci.sys, and extract the file to
    c:\windows\system32\drivers.

I am not sure whether it will work surely but it will not harm the system in any way. You can give it a try.

Most probably the Blue Screen appears due to Driver issues. I think you should go to Start > RUN and type 'verifier'. Press Enter. Use the Create standard settings and see which driver (s) it is asking to verify. It will help us analyze if you can reply back with the results. Also let me tell you that if the problem was with driver you will surely get some useful info by running those commands but it may be your hardware problem as well.

RE: Blue screen stop error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The file referenced, ntndis.sys, is a malware-related file. Check the Technical Details and Solution tabs here:

WORM_SDBOT.FAG
    http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/viru...%2EFAG&VSect=P

Check also the Advanced and Recovery tabs here:
    W32/Rbot-DPG
    http://www.sophos.com/security/analyses/w32rbotdpg.html

and here:
    W32/Forbot-GI
    http://www.sophos.com/security/analy...2forbotgi.html

The same problem

I have that same problem. I did what you suggested and it said:
    pxhelp20.sys Px Engine Device Driver for Windows 2000/XP

Any help?

Maybe, you'll find out what is causing the error message and how to fix
    it. It might be some kind of hardware issue that is causing the problem.

I guess it's not like hardware can't go defective?

Re: 0x000000D1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Just check out the following MS KB Article describing Error message when you use an IPsec tunnel mode connection to communicate from a Windows Vista-based computer to another computer: "STOP 0x000000D1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL": http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931365/en-us

Microsoft has provided a Hotfix on this page which you should try applying on your computer. It is absolutely free. If you face any problem with the same you can tell them you are experiencing the problem referred to in article 931365 and they will give you a download link for the hotfix.

driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

For the past 2 days i have been trying to solve this problem. It all started with the installation of Kaspersky some anti-virus a friend refered me too. After installed it i did a full scan of my computer right away, after it finished i restarted it. I was talking to my brother about it, he said this happend before but unfortunately hes too busy to fix it. So its up to me.
    i discovered that i couldn't boot into windows so i decided to go boot in safe mode, it works. So right away i knew it was a driver problem some i went to my device manager and started to go through everything. I decided to uninstall kaspersky and anything that was kaspersky, i found miniports for the actual program in the network subcategory and uninstalled it. i thought that would solve my problem but unfortunately no. So i knew it had something to do with my network and i disabled everything. Than i did process of elimination and i disabled Wan miniport pppoe and pptp. So it boots into windows, so just to test it i just to enabled the two but i get the bsod

driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

Stop 0xd1

ndistapi.sys - address f7000d003 base at f700c000, datestamp 48025797

i really don't think its a hardware problem, but something is up with the drivers. but without this getting fixed the computer really has no internet.

Need help!

Re: driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

You should have send us the complete error message, it helps us get to the cause more easily. Anyways, if you are not able to note the complete error on blue screen try to disable the automatic restart on system failure. You can do this by Right clicking on My Computer icon on the Desktop and select Properties, Advanced, Start-Up and Recovery, System Failure and uncheck box before Automatically Restart. Do not re-enable automatic restart on system failure until you have resolved the problem. Check for variants of the Stop Error message. You can also do this by pressing F8 key on startup and selecting "Disable automatic restart on system failure" option.

Also can you tell me if the Errors occur in Safe Mode?

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ;
    STOP 0X000000D1 ( 0x0000018, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xf83aa25F) .
    What appears on the line below what is above?

Background information on Stop Error message
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms795930.aspx

Re: driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

ndistapi.sys - address f7000d003 base at f700c000, datestamp 48025797

everything is fine in safe mode.
    i could be faulty hardware, but my network card is built into my motherboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast