| || |
Join Date: Sep 2004
cannot communicate with primary dns server - Vista Suspend/Sleep/Standby issue
Since I upgraded my system to Windows Vista Home Premium (from XP), I started facing internet connections issues after waking up my system from Sleep Mode or Standby Mode. When it comes back from any of these modes, I use to get an error message saying ?cannot communicate with primary dns server? but when I use to check my connection, I see my IP Address and DNS servers are proper.
After struggling with this problem finally I found a solution which fixed the problem permanently. So If anyone of you guys facing the same problem and looking for solution, just go through the following:
- Right click ?My Computer? icon from the desktop and select Manage.
- Click Device Manager from the left of Computer Management Window.
- Right click your network adaptor and select properties
- Click Power Management tab
- Select "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."
That?s it. Problem fixed.