Thread: Blue screen and Mini Dump in Windows Vista

Blue screen and Mini Dump in Windows Vista

I am getting a hell of bluescreen son Vista. I cannot make any special changes or modification to make this thing work. The system works fine on boot. It looks to be comfortable on start. No errors, wallpapers loads, desktop widget loads, etc. But after a few minutes the pc crash with BlueScreen giving a error code 1000008e. The dump file created in C drive does not offer a great highlight. I do not know to read those things. I need help to fix this thing and work it as it was before. It is a new computer and this kind of issues are not expected.

See whatever files that are created in Windows directory sent them to Microsoft. There is a automated error reporting service available. They will send you appropriate update to fix the issue. Or else you can try to search the solution on your own by searching the exact blue screen error code on web. You must keep this files. The link below will help you to play with the error. Once you had submitted the error report wait back to get new updates. Keep your Windows Update on.

Microsoft Online Crash Analysis

I had face the issue while upgrading Vista from Home to Ultimate. I thought the process will be easier, but Windows crashed instantly in between. Nor I receive any update from Windows to get a fix for the issue. I had purchased this upgrade online recently. I had restored my system through recovery disk that I receive from Toshiba. It is the fresh installation and I lost everything in that. I had downloaded the upgrade online. I had contacted Microsoft they had provided me the download again. I had asked them about the issue they told me to contact the help center. After a fresh installation when everything went well, the system crashed after a few hours and now it is constant. The system hardware works for a few minute. I had send many emails to Microsoft, but yet they are not giving any proper reply on the same. The system is also not working well on the regular mode. Later on after a number of diagnostic stuff I found that the issue lies with the Audio Card Drive. It is crashing in between. I am using a separate audio card. I had removed the card and then re-installed Windows thing went fine. But again the system crashed on reboot.

Re: Blue screen and Mini Dump in Windows Vista

Mention the complete error. The screen remains constant for sometime and then the system reboots. It looks the audio hardware that you have is not at all compatible. You must either remove that or find a compatible driver for Vista. Right Click on My Computer > Properties > Advance Tab > Startup > Recovery > Settings > System Failure > Uncheck Automatic System Restart. Now the next time when you get a error on your screen you have to note down the code. And then post it here. Before that you can try a bit of solutions that might help you. Running System File Checker provides you option to fix the corrupted system files. For that run cmd and then type sfc /scannow. Also run chkdsk which will verify your disk integrity. Vista offer you a repair disk that can fix the startup repair. As you said you had downloaded the upgrade you will also have to download Vista Repair disk. Boot your system with that and click on Startup Repair. This fixes a number of issues.

After going with a number of solution stuff I was able to fix it. My system started crashing after upgrade. I was trying to do that with Vista installation disc. It has a upgrade option in that. The upgrade worked well. I had then downloaded fresh updates and some software. Among them was a audio converter. It was a .exe file. After running the setup the system crashed with bluescreen. I had checked the error code which normally showed up some issue related to a app crash. I had started the computer in Safe Mode with Networking and downloading a trojan remover. After scan it detected a file some gxvxcserve.sys as a virus and it cleaned it. I had also downloaded and installed a registry cleaner software to wipe out any pending keys. I had searched on google to find more instances of that virus file and removed each of them. After scan the virus was not detected again. Sometime the bluescreen is a issue of virus. Your hardware or software might not be responsible for that.

Vista is buggy and has tons of compatibility issue. Windows XP is quiet more stable compared to that. Sometime when you run updates or when you are running driver setup, the drivers causes the issue. There is no way you can block the bad drivers. They are simply installed and the result is bluescreen. I will advice you to learn how to use those diganostic tool which reads the dump file. In that you can find the exact cause of issue. Second when you are done with removing the corrupt drivers you can try cleaning Windows registry with a registry cleaner. This is another important thing needed. It is recommended that you disconnect any not required hardware from your system. Always do this at the time of fresh installation or upgrade. When the installation is over then connect the hardware so that Vista can detect them properly and fit the drivers. I had wasted a big time in fixing the issue of my laptop which was cause by the driver inside it. It took me long time to find. It is a small driver for hard drive utility, but it was not compatible with Vista.

Bluescreen are also caused by hardware overheating. You can try to get a good system fan in your computer. Check your system temperature and see whether it is crossing the limit or not. Clean the dust inside and refit your ram. This all might make the system to perform a bit better.

I am getting this on my Vista Home Premium Gateway m7301u laptop. I just started getting it yesterday. I'm quite positive it has to do w/ the 300GB storage drive I hooked up via the USB port. I'm doing a ckdsk on it now. I already scanned it w/ anti virus and it was clean. My laptop is less than a year old.

HOWEVER... I'm also wondering if it's because the laptop harddrive is practically full. I was trying to copy over files from the laptop to the storage drive yesterday and I got the blue screen. Then, i was doing many things at once, and I got the blue screen, so .... it really could be one of three things... too much memory usage, too much physical memory usage, or an error w/ the drivers of the storage drive. It's a process of elimination.

hey this is ahmed sohail from pakistan i think i can help u i also get this minidump msg whenever i install any software then i went to windows file and searched for minidump folder in windows folder and just deleted it and now my windows is just fine!!!! try it

Re: Blue screen and Mini Dump in Windows XP

Hello, I have a similar problem however my OS is windows7.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: a
    BCP1: 008A6848
    BCP2: 00000002
    BCP3: 00000000
    BCP4: 82CEEE33
    OS Version: 6_1_7601
    Service Pack: 1_0
    Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\122911-18189-01.dmp
    C:\Users\Jack Hatton\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-33992-0.sysdata.xml

I have a feeling it may be something to do with my drivers but I have tried updating them before and i still get the bluescreen. :S

If you need my specs just ask which ones, i will do anything to solve this problem!!

Please could someone help me

P.S i couldn't find a Windows7 sections in the forums? :S

Hatton96,

Can you try the Clean Boot Troubleshooting as shown below.

1. Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
    User Account Control permission.
    If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the
    password, Or click Continue.

2. On the General tab, click Selective Startup.

3. Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup items check box.

4. Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.

5. Click OK.

6. When you are prompted, click Restart.

7. After the computer starts, check whether the problem is resolved.