Thread: Rundll32 stopped Working

Rundll32 stopped Working

I am having a Windows Vista system. I am getting a rundll32 error constantly on the home screen. When I start my pc the error first appear on the desktop. The background fades out them. I had reported the problem several times but it does not looks to be working fine. Till yet I had not received any update that can resolve the issue. Can anyone here help me how to get rid of this error.

Re: Rundll32 stopped Working

Some incompatible files in the system might be causing the issue. Try to run system restore and then test back. System restore will restore back the old working settings. That is more appropriate I think to fix the issue. Just run that and test back. Check in your system whether any pending application is not causing this problem. Try to go in Uninstall program and remove each of them one by one. I think that would be more appropriate in fixing the issue.

I got that problem last time due to Nero. I had installed the new edition Nero 7 on my system and the error started appearing on the desktop. I removed it and the error was gone. I tried system restore before that, but it did not worked. I think in your system also there will be some recently installed application which is causing the problem. You will have to remove that and test it back. That will be simply enough to fix the problem you are facing.

It is correct that you have to wipe out some recently installed application. Even windows updates are also one of the most common cause of problem you are facing. Just wipe out those stuff. And system restore is a composite way of doing the same. You can simply run that and select the oldest date here. Select when the system was working fine and then run it. If that does not work then you can run a system repair setup via windows disc and test it back. I think that will be simply more helpful in fixing the issue.

Boot your system in safe mode first. In that type msconfig in the Start Menu. And then click on Startup. In that it is recommended that you must disable all the applications except those which belongs to Microsoft. Then reboot and check back. If the error appear back then again go in safe mode and launch cmd. In that type sfc /scannow and hit enter. That's all. SFC is a system file checker tool which scans your system for damage or corrupt files and fix the issue associated with the same.