Thread: Netodragon 56k Modem Vista Drivers

Netodragon 56k Modem Vista Drivers

I need some help with Netodragon modem installation. After upgrading to Vista the modem has stopped working. It was working well on windows xp. I through the model will be simply compatible with Vista. I tried to install that manually but it is not working. I though there will be some option available by which it will be possible to use the modem. When I try to use it on Vista it is not working. It is just giving a constant popup for the driver updates. Can anyone help me here.

Re: Netodragon 56k Modem Vista Drivers

why don't you try to visit the official website of the modem .You might get the driver there. It is a bit common with Vista that you do not find the appropriate drivers. It is necessary that you must simply try to install the same via Windows Update. I think that will be more appropriate. And if it does not work then you will need to install the same on windows xp. That would be more appropriate I think.

I was able to use the same under Vista. There is a driver available for the same. You will need to find the same on web. One more thing you can do is backup the XP driver. It works on Vista. I cannot give you the link. Here if you had kept the driver safe with you then just run the same setup on Windows Vista also. Try to run the same on compatibility mode. I think that will be more appropriate in fixing the problem you are facing.

I am having the same model and I had tried that. I installed the xP driver on Windows Vista on compatibility mode. It worked. But I got bluescreen a few times on my system. It appears mostly when I use the modem. I think the XP driver does not really work well with windows vista. I am still trying to find the right driver update which is specifically designed for Vista only.

There are some third party websites on the web which can help you. They offer direct driver download. You can just download the same from the web and test back. I do not really think this modem is having a Vista specific drivers. Due to which you are facing the problem. You can try windows update a number of time. Windows Update is capable of giving you appropriate driver update only if it is available. Or else it may not work at all.