Thread: Deleting a file in system 32...

Deleting a file in system 32...

I am here trying to replace a file in windows vista system. It is located inside System 32 folder inside windows directory. The name of files is WSOCK32.dll. I am getting a error on my screen associated with the dll file and I think by replacing that the issue would be resolved. So I find a fresh copy of the same file and when I try to copy paste the same on the existing one I am getting a access denied error. Is there any other option available by which I can do this.

You are facing the access denied problem because you are not having permission to replace the same. It is recommended that you must simply check the file security options and then test back. That will be more appropriate to wipe out the file. Just right click on the file and then click on Properties. In that go in Security section and just checkout the permission settings. Then try to delete the same back.

You can try to delete the same in safe mode also. Just go in safe mode and open the folder where the file is and try to delete it. If that also does not work then there is one more process which is time consuming but effective. You can here run SFC /Scannow in cmd to fix the file. This is a kind of system file checker tool which scans your system for damage system file. Just run the following command in cmd - sfc /scanfile=wsock32.dll and hit enter.The process will take time but it works fine.