Thread: spell check in Windows Mail

spell check in Windows Mail

I had just upgraded to Windows Vista directly from Windows 98SE. I had tested the system hardware config and verified that Vista will surely work on the same. Now the update is appropriate but there is a problem here. Spell Check is not working in Windows Mail. I tried to check all the settings but there is nothing I can find. I had checked number of options but not able to find anything. Can anyone help me here to fix the problem I am facing.

Just try to install Windows Mail back again. I think that will fix the issue. It is always recommended that you must simply install everything from scratch. Never upgrade. When you upgrade there are still old system files in the pc which cause this kind of problem. It is essential that you must simple wipe out your system partition and add everything one by one from scratch so that any remaining old system files does not cause compatibility problem.

Click on Tools > Options. There you can find a Spelling Tab. Click on that. Check the list of languages listed on the same. If there is no language listed then you have to add one here. By default there is English listed over there. Just choose the right language and then click on apply. That will be simply more than enough to fix the issue. The spell check will start working. There are some set of third party applications also available on the web which you can use for the same purpose.