Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Help
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Headphones don't work

Vista Help

Old 20-02-2007

Headphones don't work

After upgrading to Windows Vista from Windows XP the audio stopped working. I am having a nice set of headphones from creative. When I connect it to the pc there is no audio on it. I tried many settings here but nothing worked out. It was working really well on Windows XP. The volume icon on system tray is grayed out. I cannot click nor I can access anything on that. I need some help here to make it work. Can anyone guide me for the same. Thanks.

Old 20-02-2007

Right click on My Computers > Click on Device Manager. In that just see whether all the hardware are installed properly or not. If there is a exclamation mark or warning sign near any then you have to update the drivers back. I think that would be enough to resolve the problem. Just ensure everything is installed. You can do that by using a motherboard cd here. Just insert the same and run the setup on your system. The setup will simply add everything and the issue will be resolved.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Help
Tags: ,