Thread: Enable Remote Assistance Vista

Enable Remote Assistance Vista

I need some help with windows vista here. I am having a windows xp pc which I had upgraded to vista. When I try to establish a remote connection I am getting a error with the same. It gives me error that remote connection could not be established. I am trying to connect to a windows xp pc on the other end. I need some help to get proper settings for the same which can simply help to troubleshoot a pc on the other end. Can anyone help me here.

I think some security application is causing the problem. You will need to ensure the connectivity where. Which is blocking and giving you trouble. You have to bypass the connection through the firewall and after that you might be able to connect. There are some nice third party tools available on the web which does not require any additional settings. You can just use them for the connectivity. I hope that will be more beneficial for you to fix the problem and you can use the same anytime you want.

Remote desktop here is not a complicated settings. It is easy but for that it is essential that you must check the firewall settings. Check whether it is not blocking the connectivity. Ample of time security applications are the common cause behind the same. You can simply add the remote connection under exception list and then test back. I think that would be more appropriate in fixing the problem.