Thread: HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error

Bruce Guest

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error

I am running Vista Ultimate. I moved a block of ASP.NET web content from my
    previous XP machine to a specific location on my Vista machine, and then in
    IIS Manager I reset the path of the "default web site" to that location.
    When I go to IE7 and try to navigate to that content via http://localhost ,
    I get the error that I have pasted below.

Any recommendations?

Thanks, Bruce

----------------------

Server Error
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Description: The requested page cannot be accessed because the related
    configuration data for the page is invalid.

Error Code: 0x80070005
    Notification: BeginRequest
    Module: IIS Web Core
    Requested URL: http://localhost:80/
    Physical Path: C:\Users\bruce.SCHECHTER\Documents\HomePage\Inetpub\wwwroot
    Logon User: Not yet determined
    Logon Method: Not yet determined
    Handler: Not yet determined
    Config Error: Cannot read configuration file
    Config File:
    \\?\C:\Users\bruce.SCHECHTER\Documents\HomePage\Inetpub\wwwroot\web.config
    Config Source: -1:
    0:

More Information... This error occurs when there is a problem reading the
    configuration file for the Web server or Web application. In some cases, the
    event logs may contain more information about what caused this error.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Server Version Information: Internet Information Services 7.0.

Config File Issue

It seems this is an ongoing problem whenever I try to develop against the actual localhost server. If you don't need to set windows authentication or any specific config settings just run a regular file based web project.

...otherwise I'm in the same boat as you, and would like to know how to fix this problem. If I come up with anything I will post back here - and probably on my blog.

oops Guest

Re: HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error

Hate to revive a REALLY old thread, but, any fix to this issue(having
    this exact problem)? Google isn't helping. I cannot run any asp.net
    apps on my vista box without this replicating error. Someones got a fix
    I hope...

Steve McGarrett Guest

Nobody knows what you're talking about, since the vast majority here
    don't use that board you're using.

Start a new thread.

Received this same issue after installing IIS 7 on Vista Home Premium. To correct error I changed the following values located in the applicationHost.config file located in Windows\system32\inetsrv.

Change all of the following values located in section <configSections> --> <sectionGroup name="system.webServer">

◦<section name="handlers" overrideModeDefault="Deny" /> change this value from "Deny" to "Allow"
    ◦<section name="modules" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication" overrideModeDefault="Deny" /> change this value from "Deny" to "Allow")

Hi,
    I have the same when trying to configure web synchronize publication.
    I begin by giving you an insight into my soft installed:
    -sql-server 2005
    -windows 7even so IIS7
    I created a publication MaPublication.I made a right click on publication->
    Release Local> MaPublication then I chose configure synchronization Web.Then,
    next-> sql server mobile-> created a new directory select default website -
    >next->in Alias: SQLCE-> 2 messages appear successively OK OK-> next->

clients connect anonymously-> next-> OHH now when I click on the Edit tab to
    change a user account error message appears:
    The program can not open the required dialog box because no location has been found.Close this message and try again
    When i write http://localhost/SQLCE/sqlcesa30.dll in my navigator, this error appears:
    Description: The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.
    Module IIS Web Core
    Notification BeginRequest
    Handler Not yet determined
    Error Code 0x80070005
    Config Error Cannot read configuration file due to insufficient permissions
    Config File \\?\C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Mobile Edition\server\SQLCE\web.config
    Requested URL http://localhost:80/SQLCE/sqlcesa30.dll
    Physical Path C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Mobile Edition\server\SQLCE\sqlcesa30.dll
    Logon Method Not yet determined
    Logon User Not yet determined

I follow u steps but I don't find what u ask to change in web.config file.In fact, the following values located in section <configSections> --> <sectionGroup name="system.webServer"> my web config is not existed in my web .config file like this:
    <configSections>
    <sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
    <sectionGroup name="scripting" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
    <section name="scriptResourceHandler" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingScriptResourceHandlerSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>
    <sectionGroup name="webServices" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingWebServicesSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
    <section name="jsonSerialization" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingJsonSerializationSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="Everywhere" />
    <section name="profileService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingProfileServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication" />
    <section name="authenticationService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingAuthenticationServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication" />
    <section name="roleService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingRoleServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication" />
    </sectionGroup>

</sectionGroup>
    </sectionGroup>
    </configSections>

Where can i change?I don't find the 2 sections u talk about plzzzzzzzzz help me

What is the problem? Is it a problem IIS??
    Thank you for your contribution
    Last edited by Tunisien86; 20-03-2010 at 04:45 AM.