Thread: How do I uninstall Sonic DLA?

How do I uninstall Sonic DLA?

After upgrading to windows vista I am getting problem with removing Sonic DLA from the system. I had used Vista Adviser here to perform the update. At the of checkup it said that Sonic DLA is compatible with my pc. But after upgrade the tool is not working fine. Also I am not able to remove the same. I tried some manual process here also but getting a error on the screen. I need some help to remove it. Or else the update will still remain in the system and constantly annoy me.

You did a mistake here. You have to remove that before performing the upgrade. That is why you are not able to remove the same. And there is no way available here by which you can simply restore your old os back. I do not think there is any option available to remove it. You can do one thing here. Go on the web and download Sonic DLA from the web which is for Vista. Install it. This will overwrite the existing files and I think that would work fine.

The best thing you can do here is simply run a clean setup of windows back again. That is the only option to fix the issue. Because you might try to do some changes in the existing setup which will not work well and will give you more errors making your system completely unstable. Try to run windows update also. You might get some updates from the same. Ample of time buggy files get new fixes via windows updates.

There is a way available to wipe it out completely. For that first click on Start > Control Panel > Uninstall a program. Click on that and in it look for Roxio Drag Drop. Uninstall the same and then test back. That will be simply more than enough to fix the issue. Most of the time when you run the upgrade the setup does not touch your existing programs. It still remain in your pc. It is recommended that you must remove that and then restart your pc and chagne your settings back. I think that will be more helpful.

Can you post here the version of Sonic DLA you are using in your system. I am having a HP system. I was having windows xp before which I had upgraded to windows vista. The version which was in my system was 4.95. It works really fine with Vista. There was no issue at all and also Vista upgrade adviser termed it as an compatible. You can just try to change the version of that tool and then check back. But if you are not using drag and drop thing on DVD's then I do not think you need Sonic DLA.