Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Help
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Vista Windows are (Not Responding) - Slow Slow Slow

Vista Help

Old 11-02-2007

Vista Windows are (Not Responding) - Slow Slow Slow

I am facing a bit issue with Windows Vista installation. I am here trying to install Ultimate edition of Vista on my pc. My system has AMD 64 6400 processor with 2GB RAM and Asrock Motherboard on the same. But after installation it looks the system is not working well. It is just giving me a bad time. It works very slow on load. I went inside the bios to checkout hardware related problem but nothing was listed. I think there is some problem with my setup.

Old 11-02-2007

Re: Vista Windows are (Not Responding) - Slow Slow Slow

There are ample of reason behind slow system. It can be hardware or software issue as well. It is recommended that you must simply checkout the connectivity first. Ensure that everything is connected well and detected in the bios. Ample of time this kind of problem appear due to outdated sata driver. You can update that in vista and then test back. You can also run windows update for a while to add more stability to your system.
Old 11-02-2007

Re: Vista Windows are (Not Responding) - Slow Slow Slow

Run Task Manager and see the cpu and ram usage. Check which application is consuming high ram. If that is stable then the issue lies with memory stick. Due to damage ram stick you are facing the problem. I am will recommend you to simply run a ram test. There are tools like memtest which can scan your pc for ram error and will give you report on the screen. You can also clear the ram edges and then check back.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Help
Tags: , ,