Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Help
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links



Sidebar Won't Open

Vista Help


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 08-02-2007
meh
 
Posts: n/a
Sidebar Won't Open

I just purchases a new laptop on sunday with windows vista installed on it.
It opened side bar the first time it booted then i closed it and now it wont
open up anymore...how do i get it to open. Even when i click the shortcut
icon it wont open?

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-02-2007
dev
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Sidebar Won't Open

START|HELP & SUPPORT

Type "sidebar" into the search box

Click on the first category, and then on "open sidebar" - and see if
that works
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-02-2007
meh
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Sidebar Won't Open

I tried it still doesnt work
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-02-2007
popsd23
 
Posts: n/a
RE: Sidebar Won't Open

You are not alone...Same issue here, worked a few times, now it's gone! Looks
like a common issue now stretching back to Sept 2006, but no resolution :-(
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-02-2007
Michael Cecil
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Sidebar Won't Open

Have you added gadgets to it? Try removing them manually, then see if
just the Sidebar will open.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-02-2007
kevin
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Sidebar Won't Open

try this approach
go to Start in Search put in msconfig, then go to the Startup tab and check
if the boxes for Microsoft Windows Operating Systems are checked... if they
are not ..check them and restart.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-03-2007
SStarman
 
Posts: n/a
RE: Sidebar Won't Open

I made a post on this forum of how I got my sidebar working again. It may
help you also.

Search the forum for "sbdrop.dll"
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-03-2007
ky83cat
 
Posts: n/a
RE: Sidebar Won't Open

I lost my sidebar over 3 weeks ago. Tried your method and VOILA! 'tis back.
Thanks so much!!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 31-12-2007
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SStarman View Post
I made a post on this forum of how I got my sidebar working again. It may
help you also.

Search the forum for "sbdrop.dll"

"popsd23" wrote:

> You are not alone...Same issue here, worked a few times, now it's gone! Looks
> like a common issue now stretching back to Sept 2006, but no resolution :-(
>
> "meh" wrote:
>
> > I just purchases a new laptop on sunday with windows vista installed on it.
> > It opened side bar the first time it booted then i closed it and now it wont
> > open up anymore...how do i get it to open. Even when i click the shortcut
> > icon it wont open?
How do I search the forum?!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 31-12-2007
Rick Rogers
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Sidebar Won't Open

Check the help files for your newsreader.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Help
Tags:



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "Sidebar Won't Open"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which one is better popup sidebar or pinned sidebar FrancoL Technology & Internet 4 01-07-2011 11:17 AM
window7 can't open the sidebar chennianjia Operating Systems 1 20-12-2010 03:04 AM
How to open windows in sidebar with Mozilla Firefox? bharti_rajpal Technology & Internet 5 08-03-2010 09:08 AM
Sidebar is gone Todd Warnke Vista Help 21 28-05-2008 07:25 AM
Keyboard shortcut to open/hide the Sidebar? JG2048 Vista Help 2 13-03-2007 09:56 PM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:30 AM.