Thread: Losing Internet connection when resuming from sleep-mode

Losing Internet connection when resuming from sleep-mode

I am using Windows Vista from a month now and the problem started right from the first day. Whenever my system goes into Sleep mode or Hibernation Mode, my internet connection gets break. When i wake it up back no matter what you do, internet will not connect unless and until you restart the computer. OOn reboot the connection gets reestablished automatically.

Is there any permanent fix for this annoying issue? Many thanks.

Re: Losing Internet connection when resuming from sleep-mode

Even i would like to know the solution for this as i am also facing this problem since a long time on my Vista and never got any working solution so far. Temporarily i have disabled the Sleep Mode. My BT Home hub is linked via ethernet cable. Is there any permanent fix for the same? Many thanks.

I have been struggling with this last month but finally managed to fix it permanently. In my case as well there was a BT Home Hub. In order to get rid of this Internet loosing problem simply right click on the small activity icon in your system tray notification area and select "diagnose and repair" option. Also click the reset network adapter option. This has fixed several internet connection problems.

RE: Losing Internet connection when resuming from sleep-mode

Thank you very much for the help Shawntae. Though your suggestions doesn't let me get rid of the problem permanently but atleast it helps to get the internet connection back again without rebooting the system.

But still i would like to know why does it looses the connection on Sleep Mode? I never faced this with Windows XP in long years.

Hello guys, Seems like i found a solution which can help you all also. I already tried it and it works 99% of the time for me. Actually i found a program called Hibernate Trigger. This small tool will help you to run a command on suspend and another on resume.

I created two batch files called susppend.bat and resume.bat.Suspend.bat contains the line

ipconfig /release w*

While the Resume.bat contains the following line

ipconfig /renew

This will basically redo the ip addresses for your wireless connection. I then put these into the suspend and resume options for Hibernate Trigger and got it to run at Windows start up.

Thank you very much for the help Daisyel. Thats exactly i was looking for, permanent fix. I am sure there would be many people who will be looking forward to a permanent fix. Appreciated.

Well according to me it appears driver problem. Did you guys ever tried re-installing or updating your Network Card Drivers? If not, give it a try.

1. Start the Computer.
    2. Press the F8 key when the blue HP logo appears. The Windows Advanced Options menu will appear.
    3. Use the arrow keys to select "Safe mode" and then press Enter.
    4. Log on to Windows as Administrator.
    5. When you are able to view the desktop, click on Start
    6. Type Device Manager in the Start Search box
    7. Click on Device Manager
    8. Click the plus (+) sign next to Network Adapetr to list the Network drivers.
    9. Select one driver and select uninstall. In the "Confirm Device Uninstall" dialog box, click OK.
    10. Repeat this process until there is no listing for Network card
    11. Close all windows and restart the computer.

Losing Internet connection when resuming from sleep-mode

I am using Windows Vista Home Premium on a HP Pavilion Notebook and have the same issue: Losing Internet connection when resuming from sleep/hybernate mode.

A temporary fix: Before I Hiybernate or go to Sleep Mode, I go to Control Panel -> Device manager -> Network Adapters, disable the adapter/modem

When I come out of sleep-mode I 'enable' it. this seems to work but is not an elegant fix. Can anyone help?

Jack wrote:

>I don't know if this is applicable to your problem but I was having similar
    >problems with my Vista Ultimate constantly telling me I was offline and >attempting to dial a connection.

>After contacting everyone I could think of and going to different Vista
    >forums for an answer, I found out my problem was with Adobe.. The Adobe >Updater was the culprit. After I made some changes in Preference in Adobe >Reader the problems quit.

I too am having these issues and I'm wondering if you could specify the changes that you made in the Adobe Preferences. I had not had these problems until quite recently, and I think I DID recently update my version of Adobe Reader. Thanks!

I have the same problem on Vista 64 bit using Belkin adapter. When I re-boot it seems to reset everything.

Clearly it is a Microsoft Vista problem.

Seems to me as some problem with the network adapter. how come windows vista have to do anything with the poor internet connection. so do not worry on the topic that it is here, just change the network adapter and you will get the absolute solution here. So do try and implement the suggestion that i have given here and let me know if that was helpful for you.