Thread: NO Vista driver for Intel 915 graphics card

NO Vista driver for Intel 915 graphics card

I am having a Intel 915 Graphic card. I was actually having windows xp here. Later on I had upgraded to Vista and there is a issue with video output. The video output is very poor. I cannot even use Vista Aero here. There are no transparency effect on the screen. I had tried to check that through third party application and found that my video card is not proper. I went in device manager and found warning sign on the same. The driver is pending for installation, while I had ran motherboard cd for the driver updates which was appropriate.

Re: NO Vista driver for Intel 915 graphics card

You can probably find the same via windows update. I think that will be more than enough to fix the issue. Just run the update and see what downloads you are getting. I got the same kind of update for my video driver through that. And it worked. But if there is no driver officially provided by the manufacturer then you cannot do anything on that. You have to install xp back on the system. That is the only way to use your system.

There is no Vista driver available for that. I had checked on the official site of intel. I am giving you a link below. Just choose your operating system from the list and then see whether you are able to get driver download or not. You have to buy a separate graphic card here which has Vista drivers. I think that will be simply enough. I had added a very basic 256mb gpu on my system and updated all the drivers. The video output here is simply working quiet fine.

Intel 915 Driver download

There is one more way available by which you can simply find the drivers and download the same in your system. Checkout the link below. When you click on the link you will get a automated utility here by which you run a video driver update. It works really fine for intel boards. Just open the page below in your pc and run the automated utility. The process can take time but it works fine with me. In my system I was having the same issue with video driver.

Intel Driver Update Utility Graphics

I am having a asus motherboard with the same 915 chipset. I had formatted my pc and upgraded to Vista. I had used the board cd here which did not worked really well. I tried ample of drivers but nothing worked. So the last option left was to simply use a separate graphic card. I purchased a budget card and it worked. There is on issue on the same. So even under your issue I think you have to buy a separate pci card and then use it as your default graphic output. Or else you will just keep on wasting time in collect a proper driver for the chipset.

Vista is bit buggy about drivers installation. The issue is really common with many hardware. I was having a great issue in installing a printer on my system. I had tried ample of things on the same but the same does not seems to working well. My system is having Windows Vista Home Premium. I was using the cd also but it is not working. So I dual boot the system. I installed Windows XP back again on another partition and it worked with the same drivers. There must be some way to install xp drivers on Vista.